Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

30 weeks Bump feels so heavy

(9 Posts)
Lotsofqueries Tue 07-Feb-17 21:32:37

Bump feels so heavy and I feel so 'full'. Down there feels heavy. So uncomfortable. Is this normal? Feel like I can't expand anymore and sometimes like baby is going to drop out. Anyone else had this? Is it normal? Second pregnancy and don't remember feeling like this first time. Any advice? The bump measurement was above the top centile thingy measuring big.

Lotsofqueries Tue 07-Feb-17 21:33:30

And the thought of 10 more weeks to go... hmm

Phoenix76 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:48:48

I had this, with both! I was convinced my skin would split open. It felt like someone had my ankles and were pulling me into the ground. I just tried to find clothes that supported my bump. You may find baby will move so make it somehow less heavy. I know you probably can't imagine one minute longer never mind 10 weeks but it will come and you have light at the end of your tunnel, it's not forever. I found a birthing ball to sit on helped take the weight off my lower regions. Good luck you'll get through it x

Lotsofqueries Wed 08-Mar-17 20:04:43

At 34 weeks they've found that baby is breech. So perhaps this explains the heaviness I've been feeling? Baby is facing inside with bum out.. In breech position.

ispymincepie Wed 08-Mar-17 20:12:22

Oh but plenty of time to turn though? I think it's just a subsequent baby thing though, it's always more difficult than first time round. It probably sounds strange but I absolutely loved giving birth as the feeling of pushing all that weight out was exquisite!

Lotsofqueries Wed 08-Mar-17 20:43:15

I've just put a seperate post on actually because I don't know what the chances are of the baby turning now?

gigi556 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:14:41

I just had dinner with my accupuncturist and she said 34 weeks was the perfect time to turn a breech baby with accupuncture. She said it's difficult after 37. Just saying.

gigi556 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:15:17

Oh and I'm 29 weeks and feel the same - like my bump is going to burst open!

nursebickypegs Thu 09-Mar-17 02:33:04

I have heavy days where Bub literally feels like a stone or two! Walking up the stairs is a marathon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: