Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 4 weeks anyone had this and it not be bad news

(16 Posts)
iecgi Tue 07-Feb-17 20:55:06

Been hovering on the ttc paged ttc after a mmc in may well i think im going back there tbh but anyway i got a bfp at the weekend after 2 faint lines last week was so happy to get a pregnant 1-2weeks on the digital tried so hard not to get carried away kept thought that all might not go smoothly in my head but wow felt like I'd been crushed this morning when I started bleeding so disappointed totally gutted. GP was lovely tells me it may stop and can sometimes mean nothing but could be a miscarriage just have to see how it goes but I'm pretty sure I know it's not going to end well I never bled with any of the other dc and it's definitely heavier than spotting like the beginning of my period enough to need a sanitry pad...wish I'd never took a bloody test what you don't know cant hurt you right? sad anyone had this and it be OK?

2plus1plusL1 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:29:58

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's shit, just plain shit. The upset at the bleeding and the trying to second guess what is happening.
It's happened to me on numerous occasions and while I can't say it has been ok I just wanted to acknowledge your post.
Stay as strong as you can

pastabest Tue 07-Feb-17 22:50:44

I had a fairly heavy 'period' with clots at 4 weeks pregnant so didn't know I was pregnant until my next missed period at 8 weeks. Bleeding absolutely can happen and it not necessarily be bad news. That baby is currently five days old and lying in my lap.

Unfortunately though I know how afraid you must feel, my first pregnancy was a mmc, and it's utterly shit having that innocence and excitement taken away from you for any subsequent pregnancies. Take care of yourself for the time being, absolutely nothing in pregnancy is guaranteed either way flowers

SofiePendragon Wed 08-Feb-17 00:17:35

I'm in the same position as you - positives last week (and 1-2 weeks on a digital this morning), started bleeding at lunchtime. I'm 4 weeks today. I'm so gutted and trying to hold onto the hope that it's not all over, but I think it probably is. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Good luck

iecgi Wed 08-Feb-17 12:51:25

Sophie i have my fingers crossed for you my gp said it it stops in a day or two or slows down might still be well sending lots of hope your way. Not doing well here....the bleeding has continued into today and is as heavy as a period with some cramping so it's not looking good boobs no longer sore either I'm just so disappointed. I have 5 beautiful dc had miscarriages before they came along including a mmc and then they where conceived and carried so easily no 5 wad the one that made me feel my family was done then we had a woops that resulted in another mmc. Wanted to try again so we did and nothing happened for a while was thinking maybe I wasnt able too then this happened now I think maybe it's not meant to be. All this time I have waited for that lovely complete feeling to come back and it hasn't but maybe my body just can do this any more.... sad

SofiePendragon Thu 09-Feb-17 18:36:44

iecgi how are you today? my bleeding is continuing too, with some little clots so I'm not at all hopeful any more - I kinda want to get it over and done with if it's inevitable. I have one DC and have been ttc #2 for over a year. I'm going to do a test when the bleeding stops to confirm sad

iecgi Thu 09-Feb-17 23:41:43

Same here sore boobs gone vague sickness gone still bleeding but not as heavy gp said may take up to 2 weeks to get a -ve although I was advised 3 after my mmc but that was at 12 weeks but ill probably test soon as bleeding stopped but I already know just feel a bit like I've been through a world of emotions in 7 days spent today on the sofa with a hot water bottle (although tbh I'm not cramping as much as I thought I would my period is usually worse ) and a large bar of chocolate I miss my sore boobs 😢

Bex134 Fri 10-Feb-17 00:58:58

I had bleeding on and off throughout first trimester - DS is now 3weeks old. Whenever I called for advice the gp would always say it was risk of miscarriage which completely freaked me out. There's nothing you can do just try to relax and distract yourself and see how next few days/ weeks go. I have my fingers crossed for you.

vfoster Fri 10-Feb-17 06:32:06

With my first child I bled at about 4 weeks. It was just between Christmas and new year so I couldn't get to see anyone and I bled for about a week. Not as much as a period but I needed sanitary towels. I was convinced of the worst and spent a week crying. That baby is now 3 1/2 and a little whirlwind!
I've known people to bleed all the way through and the baby to be fine.
Fingers crossed for you flowers

SofiePendragon Fri 10-Feb-17 08:56:00

My bleeding seems to have stopped, at least for now. I thought there'd be more. Pregnancy test this morning was negative - I don't feel pregnant anymore either. Just going to focus on trying again this month now. Hope yours is settling as well iecgi

iecgi Fri 10-Feb-17 12:25:47

Yes just spotting now it's been nothing like my previous mc I expected more... thats upset me a bit actually silly I know but I guess I just wanted it to be as physically significant as it felt emotionally feeling overly emotional

blondie1234568 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:14:34

How are you sofie and iecgi?

Very much the same here, should be 5 weeks today but started bleeding with some clotting on and off since yesterday morning.
Have a pain near my right hip so 111 told me to go to urgent care or polyclinic. Went to hospital but the car park had a HUGE queue, so turned around and went to polyclinic only to be told I need to go to the hospital! The lady was very lovely, but they couldn't do anything there.
I was so frustrated and upset that I just turned around and went home, however the pain is still there on and off and have read horror stories online (damn google) about ectopic so I will head back down to the EPU later and hopefully I'll be able to get in.

Sorry for hijacking the post, but similar situations so wanted to see how you both were xxx

iecgi Mon 13-Feb-17 20:36:46

Fingers crossed for you Google is the enemy
But we've all been there I was told when I had left sided pain with my twins that it was unlikely an ectopic would cause pain before about 7 weeks till then baby is small
And the tube fairly accommodating so most women are unaware at this stage and if it is picked up this early it's almost always a fairly uncomplicated that said what you really want to hear is your baby is OK and that I can't tell you but I've googled enough to know it could go either way my fingers are firmly crossed for you and my thoughts and hopes for you horrible situation wouldn't wish it on an enemy hope you get seen soon and I hope you are both ok

blondie1234568 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:57:31

Thanks, had bloods taken and will get results tomorrow. You're right they don't think it's ectopic thankfully, but pretty sure the pregnancy has ended.
Just relieved that it's nothing more serious if that makes sense?

SofiePendragon Mon 13-Feb-17 21:26:47

Hi blondie. Glad you've been seen and they don't think it's a ectopic. Sorry if your pregnancy has ended, but being relieved it's not an ectopic makes total sense to me.

My bleeding seems to have stopped now and my hpt was negative on Friday so mine's definitely over - I was pretty certain it was from the beginning to be honest, so in some ways I'm relieved it's over relatively quickly iykwim.

blondie1234568 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:46:34

Totally get what you mean sofie, I get the relief completely.

I on the other hand am a complete and utter sadistic idiot. POAS again tonight and it was positive....faint but there...and the first +ve I've had with my Amazon cheapies.
I know that t can be residual hormones and I'm so annoyed at myself for doing it, I was coming to terms and accepting that next cycle will be a new start, then I go and do that and set myself up for a fall again.

Not having any more HPTs in the house now, I just cannot be trusted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now