Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant or imaginination

(5 Posts)
Mermaid88 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:58:03

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone would be able to shine a light on my predicament.
My husband and I are trying for a baby now. I have a history of irregular periods but my last two periods were within 32 days. My last period was on December 29th and I was due for a period between 26th and 30th January. As we have been trying we obviously had unprotected sex during mid jan.

Ever since 21st of Jan I have been having mild cramping which I didn't pay much attention to also during this time I had flu symptoms. Anyways on Sunday 22nd I noticed a very small amount of blood when I wiped, I mean a drop which I assumed my period might be coming on. But it didn't. On Monday 23rd I was feeling optimistic and did a pregnancy test which to my surprise came back as positive.

I then waited till I missed my period to do another one.... just to make sure. On Thursday 26th I took one but came back negative. Did another one on the Saturday and that came back negative as well. So I thought you don't get false positive so the logical answer would be a chemical pregnancy.

It has been two weeks and I have had no bleeding but pregnancy symptoms such as nausea (cannot stand the smell of coffee or fried food. Swollen and tender lower abdomen i.e. Just above the pubic bone and sore breasts. I appreciate some of these symptoms can be pms aswell but I am just not sure what is going on.

I am seeing my gp on Friday but still a little worried as to what is going on. Anyone have any suggestions or have had something similar with them and would like to share their experience.

Sorry for the long post.... !

Jenniferb21 Tue 07-Feb-17 20:03:07

I think they'll recommend a scan. It's far more common to have a false negative isn't it but I think it can happen the other way.

I bled a tiny bit when I was pregnant the first month I was due my period I guess it was my body adjusting. Some ladies get periods whilst pregnant and therefore don't know they're pregnant.

sorry you're going through this period of uncertainty rest assured you'll soon know. X x

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Tue 07-Feb-17 20:08:59

Have you taken another test since the negative one two weeks ago?

Mermaid88 Tue 07-Feb-17 20:20:08

Jenniferb21- thanks for your response. I would prefer my gp send me for a scan and possibly bloods as they are far more accurate.

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass- I took one on Saturday, it was negative though it was not first morning urine. I am planning to take one more on Friday morning before going to the dr.

I am trying not to be too optimistic, I could end up not being pregnant. Don't want to have my hopes high only to be told bad news.

Jenniferb21 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:58:16

If it isn't the the news you aren wanting try to stay positive in knowing it will most likely happen soon. Most couples get pregnant within 6 months of actively trying. If you're not yet pregnant stay focused and relaxed. If you haven't yet work out your fertility window, research what lifestyle changes you can make and stay relaxed. Sorry if you've done all those things my friend was recently upset as she hadn't got pregnant after a few months but hadn't done the above At first.

Best of luck for Friday if you feel up to it let us know how you get on x X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now