Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't stop eating!!

(9 Posts)
RachaelCatWhisperer Tue 07-Feb-17 15:23:57

Oh my, please tell me I'm not alone... I'm 10+5 and cannot stop eating! Is this normal? Is this bad?

Started craving ice lollies at the beginning, then sweet stuff and sharp cheese, but now this has evolved into just wanting to eat constantly. I even wake up starving in the night and can't get back to sleep without something to eat.

I don't seem to be craving rubbish, just savoury things like toast and gherkins. I'm still having the horrible metallic taste, and I'm getting over a chest infection, if either of those buys me some grace!

CatRash Tue 07-Feb-17 19:46:18

I was like that - especially between weeks 11-14 so your not alone. I would eat and be hungry half an hour later - I didn't eat breakfast or snacks before I was pregnant so this sudden hunger was very much 'new' for me! I wanted toast, sandwiches, fruit, cheese, crackers, crisps, pork pies, ice lollies - anything I could get my hands on!!

I'm now 15+5 and am eating like a 'normal' person again. Still snacking but it'll be some grapes as opposed to all the above mentioned and still feeling hungry!!!

Hopefully it'll ease off in a few weeks time for you too!!

Phoenix76 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:59:49

You're bringing it all back for me! Not a huge eater when not pregnant but when pregnant I'm savage 😂 Being pregnant gives you grace - enjoy!

Jojo13 Wed 08-Feb-17 03:28:35

Ha! Yes I was the same in my first trimester, couldn't get enough carbs, was knocking back the pasta, cheese sandwhiches, toast etc.. thought it would never end.

RachaelCatWhisperer Wed 08-Feb-17 10:25:20

Aah, thank you! So relieved to see it isn't just me! Seriously, who are the people who don't increase their calories at all in the first trimester?

I hope it doesn't last much longer though... I'll be a hippo-ele-pig if I keep this up! Xxx

DuggeeHugs Wed 08-Feb-17 13:17:20

First time I couldn't face eating anything that wasn't potato-based until about 13 weeks. Then I made up for it until about 20 weeks blush
This time the nausea was just as bad until 14 weeks but I reminded myself to have a small amount of all the normal stuff. I'm now 16 weeks and have been having 4-5 snack sized meals a day for the last two weeks, almost all of which involve cheese.
I know it will pass soon but I feel like the very hungry caterpillar!

Babyblues14 Wed 08-Feb-17 17:48:27

I've been exactly the same 8 weeks pregnant now and eating everything in sight. I was never a big breakfast eater but im starving as soon as I get up. even the morning sickness doesnt slow me down. tbh I am enjoying it as I have always been naturally slim and hated it, with comments like are you anorexic, you cant eat much to look like that. angry cant wait to put on weight and keep it there. I understand that most people would hate it though. good luck with your eating, it wont last forever

SelfObsessionHoney Wed 08-Feb-17 17:51:11

I was a full on carb monster during the first trimester. That's calmed down now but I'm needing to eat at least 3 big oranges every day, I'm getting obsessed!

RachaelCatWhisperer Wed 08-Feb-17 18:06:53

Ooh oranges... major orange urges today!

See, I'm not just being a piggy! There is fruit in there!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now