Talk

Advanced search

Swollen Feet

(9 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Tue 07-Feb-17 07:13:24

Ive just hit the 3rd trimester (28+3) and I've noticed my feet getting a little swollen, nothing to worry about.

Ive been wearing the same shoes all throughout pregnancy, however after a bit of a walk the other day i developed a blister .This morning I've tried to put the shoes back on and there really tight, and thats after a night elevated in bed.

They burn at night so I'm gonna have together some coming gel

Anyone else got swollen feet at this point? i know its fairly common.I also know it can be a sign of preeclampsia too. Im at the hospital today for an appointment so can mentioned it

Jojo13 Tue 07-Feb-17 08:31:14

I didn't get swollen feet until about 4 weeks to go, but my god, they were proper trotters, Looked bloody awful! I couldn't fit into the hospital slippers I bought and had to wear OHs flip flops!
Think loads of water, elevate your feet as much as poss and do some circling exercises with your ankles is meant to help..?

sweetchilli77 Tue 07-Feb-17 08:55:55

my post was meant to say i better get some cooling gel bloody predictive text

Thanks for replying, if it was a little warmer i could get away with shoes that would be better, however in hotter weather i bet my feet are massive sad

I will try the exercises and TRY and increase my fluid intake

Allaboutthecake13 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:48:31

I'm 31weeks and swollen feet (and hands) and general feeling on fire with warmth have set in, so you have my sympathies.

It's not cheap but I find the Decleor Circulagel amazing on my feet and Legs at night

Twinnypops Tue 07-Feb-17 19:28:44

I found swimming really helped, possibly because of the cold water.

sweetchilli77 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:49:59

Allaboutthecake13 I love Decleor so will defo give it a go, they have some good deals on QVC smile

Your right about the burning. I have had it to prior to pregnancy but it seems worse recently.

Allaboutthecake13 Tue 07-Feb-17 20:24:55

Horrible isn't it? I find it's worse in my hands and feet but actually I feel quite on fire all over! I was so hot at work today that I ended up nipping to the loos to whip my top off and air myself out for 5 mins! It's strange though, not like a fever, just a weird internal radiation!

Sugarcoma Tue 07-Feb-17 21:11:06

Yup super swollen - can't fit in anything except my trainers now and even those are tight - and hands too (have had to take off my rings). I was also worried about pre-eclampsia/DVT so when they first swelled up and felt tingly I went to DAU to get them checked out but they said it was totally normal. Just not v pleasant!

And I mainly get hot at night - makes a change from my previously crap circulation when I was cold most of the time!

Mouse510 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:18:43

I'm 36 weeks and had to give up on my wedding rings last week, sausage fingers and chubby feet have arrived! Sitting with feet up and doing ankle circles does help. DH has been doing a good job with the foot rubs took

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now