Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan..

(7 Posts)
Hollz26 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:07:02

So im 32 weeks and have another scan tomorrow as my placenta was anterior low lying at 20 wks i been told to expect an internal scan which im bit nervous about but will they just do a normal scan first to see where placenta is? Also we been told we having a girl but do you think theyd check again for us!? As its a growth scan aswell x

Eminybob Mon 06-Feb-17 19:12:33

I had a scan at 32 weeks due to a low lying placenta (it had moved) and it wasn't internal. Maybe they only do an internal one if it is still low to see how low iyswim.

I also asked them to double check the sex, which they did gladly.

Gaaaah Mon 06-Feb-17 19:42:52

Not sure about the internal scan. Never had one. But I can tell you I've had loads of scans this pregnancy (for other things) and every single time, the sonographer has asked me if I know what I'm having. A few times when I said "It's a boy" they've said "oh thank goodness, I dont have to try and hide it!"

BeccaSays Mon 06-Feb-17 21:40:50

Don't be nervous about an internal scan, I've had a few of them and they're not too bad. They squidge a load of gel on to a penis shaped thing. It's much more comfortable than having a smear. I am also having growth scans and we asked them to check it was definitely a boy at the 32 week one, they were happy to...and was very obvious! Hope you get on ok.

mammalovey Mon 06-Feb-17 21:47:32

I've had an internal scan and it didn't hurt or feel weird. Just non-descript really!
My placenta has moved at my 32w scan so I hope yours has too smile

zambean Tue 07-Feb-17 09:31:45

I just had an internal scan yesterday for the same reason. Was not painful, was easier than having a smear test. They told me at the start they would be doing it. They did a normal ultrasound to check growth first, but they couldn't see the placenta well enough because the baby was in the way, so the transvaginal scan was unavoidable. Obviously it's not an especially fun experience, but it doesn't hurt, and it's better than placenta praevia!

Hollz26 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:09:33

Thanks everyone i did end up having an internal scan but like you say it was fine didnt hurt at all and the placenta has moved right out the way which is good! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now