Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is anyone pregnant after IVF abroad?

(8 Posts)
Pinkandwhite Mon 06-Feb-17 18:45:17

Did anyone here get pregnant doing IVF at a clinic overseas? I am currently looking into it because I have been having a really hard time with fertility stuff. I have been looking at IVI in Spain, Invicta in Poland and North Cyprus clinic because they all offer the technology I am looking for. If anyone has any experience with any of these clinics or of IVF overseas generally then I would be VERY grateful if you could tell me about it. Thanks

Blueroses99 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:41:12

Can't help with info on IVF abroad but there's a lot of info on the Infertility board, take a peek over there.

theheatherjane1 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:51:20

I haven't, but an acquaintance had success after visiting the Cyprus clinic. She's just had a little boy.

lljkk Mon 06-Feb-17 19:53:00

what kind of care do they cover if things go wrong... I know it's rare but the woman can get quite ill when stimulating egg production, I think?

Pinkandwhite Tue 07-Feb-17 01:13:59

Thanks for that theheatherjane. That's really good to know.

Pinkandwhite Tue 07-Feb-17 01:17:46

That's an excellent question IIjkk and I don't know the answer. Egg stimulation is done at home before you fly over I think. I guess you then have to make sure you have the right travel/medical insurance in case anything goes wrong. I'll have to ask that question.

RoseBud2016 Tue 07-Feb-17 06:44:27

I'm 20 weeks pregnant after 3 rounds of IVF at Reprofit in the Czech Republic. As Blue said there are a few of us over on the "pregnancy after infertility" thread who have had similar experiences at the same clinic. I would thoroughly recommend them.
In relation to what happens if things go wrong- Medical Shield insurance is specifically for women having IVF abroad and is very comprehensive cover. It cost us £100 for our first round (9 days out there for EC and ET) but we just went with standard travel insurance for our FET cycles as there is a lot less that can go wrong with a FET.

Pinkandwhite Tue 07-Feb-17 14:28:23

Thanks so much rosebud and congratulations! I will check out the "pregnancy after infertility" thread now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now