Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What does this even mean?!

(2 Posts)
PuddingPie16 Mon 06-Feb-17 12:00:35

I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant and 3 weeks ago did my blood/urine samples at my first midwife appointment. My bloods came back fine but I was requested to do another urine sample as it was inconclusive. Of course I worried (as you do as an expectant Mum) but dropped a new one in 11 days ago. I called today and they said it has come back 'borderline' this morning and I now have to re-test AGAIN! Obviously I am getting frustrated having to do this and never had a problem before. The Receptionist was awful and said that she would get the Doctor to call me today for a chat but that was the note given on the system.

Has anyone else had this before and aware of what it means? I dont want to do another for the exact same thing to happen that is all and I am struggling to understand why they can't give a definite answer?xx

Lunalovepud Mon 06-Feb-17 12:52:57

Most likely means you could have a uti. This happened to me once with DC1 but I felt fine so that was that. The problem with fanjos and urine samples is that other stuff can get into the sample too and this can cause ambiguous results too.

See your GP - I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now