Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18 weeks - Not feeling it?

(9 Posts)
Beeblossombee Mon 06-Feb-17 10:06:07

I think I am after some reassurance that I'm just being paranoid and that I'm still within the realms of normal.

I'm 18 weeks pregnant today - I have no bump and very few pregnancy symptoms, I don't feel any different than I did 19 weeks ago if I'm really honest.

It hasn't been bothering me too much up to press as I can still sleep comfortably on my front, my clothes still fit, no symptoms to affect my day to day stuff, especially with work and my 12 week scan came back fine so I figured I wouldn't worry. Only it's crept in a little now.

I'm size 16, and understand that us slightly porky bigger ladies may not show as earlier as our simmer counterparts, but I think it's because there's a big gap between last midwife appointment (which I had at just under 15 weeks) and the second scan at 21 weeks - which is a long time relatively for no news - I kind of expected not to need it as there would be clear news coming from inside my body!

Should I be concerned enough to bother the midwife or should I just suck it up and wait for next scan - given I feel perfectly fine?

Lunalovepud Mon 06-Feb-17 10:13:19

I'm a bigger girl (14-16) and I didn't show with DC 1 until later than I thought I would - about 20 weeks I think... It is ages between appointments - if funds permit, you could get a private scan and have a look at baby? I get one between the 12 and 20 week scans for reassurance and also to see if they can tell the sex of the baby. Really helps bridge the gap. You should start feeling some movements soon and that's lots better. Or if you are like me, gives you something else to worry about. wink

Sunshinegirl82 Mon 06-Feb-17 10:18:23

I think if you're anxious it never hurts to seek some reassurance. As you're 18 weeks now the midwife might be able to listen for baby's heartbeat on a Doppler which might reassure you? My midwife listened in at 16 weeks although I know different midwives have different limits for when they'll start looking for a heartbeat with a Doppler.

Everyone is different and I'm sure everything is fine but there's no point stressing yourself out for weeks if a call to the midwife would relax you. They are used to hearing from anxious pregnant ladies! I once called mine in a panic because I thought I'd eaten too many jacket potatoes (I read an article they could cause diabetes!) she was very nice and reassuring!

DaisyQueen Mon 06-Feb-17 10:22:38

I am 19 weeks and only started feeling movements last week which I expected alot sooner with it being 3rd baby. Try not to worry about it.

Bloopbleep Mon 06-Feb-17 14:12:01

I'm 19+3weeks and only started feeling movements a week ago, they're still irregular and I can go a day or two without any. My so called bump is more like Bloating and I can still fit into my regular clothes. This past few days I feel uncomfortable sitting in certain positions (like something's in the way) but I feel totally unpregnant otherwise.

user1483387154 Mon 06-Feb-17 15:36:34

Im 18 weeks, plus size (was 16-18 now 18-20) and not feeling anything either. However I love my doppler and listening to the baby's heartbeat. Have been able to use it since 14 weeks.

Beeblossombee Mon 06-Feb-17 18:07:39

Thanks all - your comments do make me feel a bit better.

I was looking at dopplers but thought I might wait until I see how the midwife uses one before buying my own - can only see incompetency on my part making me worry more!

Louffisher Mon 06-Feb-17 19:40:43

21 weeks and size 16. Popped a little the past couple of weeks but still haven't felt much. Been told it is also dependant on where the placenta is sitting. I waited for the 20 scan which put me at ease and have the midwife later this week who I'm sure will also reassure me. Like you I'm pretty cool about it all

llemma Mon 06-Feb-17 20:54:33

I was coming on to post exactly this message. I'm 13 weeks so only had my scan last week, however, i don't feel pregnant at all now, no symptoms, can't feel my uterus and am crapping myself as had an mmc last year so convinced it'll happen again. Gah, anxiety is the worst!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now