Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very few pregnancy symptoms - should I worry?

(18 Posts)
StipyTiger Mon 06-Feb-17 02:20:07

I am about 7wks pregnant. I have had a scan and seen the little bean with it's beating heart so I know it's real. I struggled to conceive as I have PCOS. I was on my sixth round of clomid when I fell pregnant. I am now worried as I haven't got the usual signs of being pregnant. I don't feel nauseous, I don't have sore boobs, I'm not sensitive to food etc. I'm not due for another scan for 5 weeks as that'll be 12wks. Is it too early to have many symptoms and should I be worried about it? Should I push for an earlier scan? It's my first pregnancy so I'm probably over worrying about everything!

10Betty10 Mon 06-Feb-17 02:27:47

You've seen the heartbeat, you're definitely pregnant- congratulations! You really don't need an earlier scan than 12 weeks and being brutally honest I very much doubt they would give you one earlier unless you had pain/bad symptoms.

Enjoy not feeling like crap whilst it lasts, trust me! Also, lots of people have zero symptoms so early in and don't even know they are pregnant. Enjoy it!

MotherofA Mon 06-Feb-17 02:52:10

Not everyone gets symptoms at all . Your body might be one of those that just enjoys it and laps it up ! grin congrats flowers

raviolidreaming Mon 06-Feb-17 05:39:21

I didn't have any symptoms at all until 15 weeks. It was hugely anxiety-provoking at the time but, in hindsight, very lucky!

LauraLovesDaisy Mon 06-Feb-17 09:55:04

The early weeks are hard as you want reassurance that things are ok, and at this stage you can't feel baby move. Symptoms or no symptoms have no bearing on the outcome of your pregnancy. Please don't worry, in a few months you'll be well aware of your baby! Then if you're like me you'll worry if they are moving too little/too much! X

Beeblossombee Mon 06-Feb-17 10:10:06

I just posted a similar thread but I am 18 weeks along rather than 7 - I had maybe 2/3 days of tender breasts, similar to PMS and that was it - I have not had any major symptoms of pregnancy since, am still not showing and don't feel any different to before I was pregnant!

I am considering myself lucky I guess, but it does play on my mind. My 12 week scan came back fine - so trying to embrace the fact I'm getting an easy go of it now, as I'm notoriously a wimp with physical pain and figure my body will make up for the easy ride in spades when labour comes around!

SunnyDayDreaming101 Wed 08-Feb-17 17:37:10

I had the same worries, believe me when I say count yourself lucky and enjoy feeling well!

I only had a little nausea each day from about 10 - 13 weeks and that was it, was so worried!

30 weeks now and have the lot! Bleeding gums, nose bleeds, severe back pain, SPD/pelvic pain, high np, headaches and the tiredness is kicking in - I obviously temped fate sad

Once you see the heartbeat above 100bpm you are in a really good place and low risk, enjoy the feeling of having it just you and little bean. Once everyone knows and you start showing it's suddenly everyone's business (good and bad)

Exciting times and congratulations!!!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 08-Feb-17 17:40:37

No, don't worry, enjoy the lack of symptoms and hope it lasts. I have pcos and had few symptoms. I think there's a theory that it's a side effect of the condition because your hormones are a bit off.

haveacupoftea Wed 08-Feb-17 22:06:29

I'm 24 weeks and never had a big pile.of symptoms. I was a bit sick but think that was nerves and excitement more than anything!

uptown8617 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:12:41

I'm 26 weeks now and still barely had any symptoms. This first 12 weeks are hard as you don't feel like anything is happening but as you've already seen the heartbeat you should be really reassured.

Lemondrop09 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:13:49

I have 24/7 nausea, vomiting, extreme fatigue and sore boobs....and I'm still worried about the baby!!! It's sooooo easy to over analyse everything. Having symptoms won't necessarily mean you'll worry less (I stopped feeling nauseous for an hour and started to wonder if that was a bad sign!! Then realised I was being ridiculous).

As others have said, lack of symptoms doesn't have to mean anything - except perhaps that you are lucky. Seriously, enjoy it because at 7 weeks, sickness could still kick in and it's not fun!

How fab that you've been lucky enough to see a heartbeat already. Take comfort in that and try to relax until your next scan.

I was tempted to get an early scan, but decided that what will be, will be. If anything sad happens, and early scan won't change anything as it's just too early for anything to be done. So not much point in another scan imo. You can always discuss your lack of symptoms with your midwife though, if you're still worried.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:19:05

I agree with pp, not every woman gets the typical pregnancy symptoms I didn't get any for ages and the ones I did get were about 2 weeks of bad sickness, disgustingly frequent and persistent heartburn, relentless cravings and crying at the most ridiculous things. congratulations on your pregnancy too smile enjoy it and try not to worry too much, and if yo do get really worried just give your midwife call, they understand and won't make you feel bad for it

StipyTiger Wed 22-Feb-17 19:55:41

10wks and still nothing but have my 12wk scan booked which makes me happier.

Hollyhop17 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:30:15

I'm 19 weeks and just emerging from the horrror that is HG, which I had from week 7. I wouldnt wish for symptoms! Seeing a heartbeat at 7 weeks, as I did, is a really good sign, not everyone gets it that early. I would enjoy being symptom free, the alternative is truly horrendous...

Helbel82 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:38:28

I have had no sickness or food sensitivity whatsoever and kept waiting for it to kick in but it never came. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant and we are both healthy with baby kicking away as I type. As people have said some hardly get any symptoms, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. Hope your scan goes ok

Emma2803 Thu 23-Feb-17 11:15:56

I never had any sickness, sore boobs, smell aversion, food I couldn't eat, cravings, etc. I felt a little nauseous twice but that was it. I did have a lot of fluid towards the end. I had a very healthy 8lb 11Oz boy who is almost two!! I know how you must be worrying as I was the same but just count yourself lucky!! Hope all is well with you!! Not long to your scan now!!

Flappergirl86 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:43:20

I've had barely any symptoms and am 5 months next week. I was terrified that it was a phantom pregnancy or that baby hadn't made it but it's started kicking this past week so I feel like it's finally real! Don't worry, it just means you're a bad ass baby machine x

HN42 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:30:54

Enjoy having few symptoms - I was hoping to be like you as my mum had few symptoms in pregnancy but no such luck for me, trust me you do not want the most common and unpleasant symptoms of early pregnancy, they are not fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now