Talk

Advanced search

Don't feel pregnant

(4 Posts)
SarahS2404 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:26:28

Hello ladies,

I'm 14 weeks 5 days. My morning sickness has gone now and apart from being emotional which before I was pregnant was only a once a month thing, I don't feel pregnant. Even when I went for my scan and saw baby on the screen I didn't feel like it was my baby.

Obviously I don't have a bump yet.

I don't feel excited because of it and I don't know if it's normal 🙁 help?

user1468957349 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:50:21

I was exactly the same as you and in all honesty didn't feel any real connection until I could feel the baby move at about 20 weeks. I was exactly the same with my first scan. Did feel more connection on the 2nd scan when I found out the sex. I didn't have a bump until 25 weeks and even then only noticeable to me and partner, wasn't until about 34 weeks that it became noticeable to others. I've had very little in the way of symptoms so it has been quite hard to connect. However, now at 40 weeks I can't wait to meet her and wish she'd get a wiggle on! Don't be hard on yourself - you'll feel it soon enough smile

Ohyesiam Sun 05-Feb-17 22:49:19

As I think the definition of pregnancy is discomfort, you could think yourself lucky....
But seriously, you don't need to push for feelings you don't have, there's a whole lot of weeks for this to unfold, and for you to feel it and believe it. Unless you think you might be depressed, which can feel like numbness. ( if so see your gp)
But congratulations, holder it ask goes well for you flowerscakebear

SandyGEE12 Sun 05-Feb-17 23:13:12

Hi I'm having the same issue. I'm 20 weeks with my second. I can feel the baby moving, got a bump, had a gender scan so know it's a girl. Still don't feel pregnant, can't get it into my head there will be a baby arriving. I've also been pretty down mood wise and teary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now