Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dates. Yolk only at 9 weeks. Could I be less?

(11 Posts)
Embobolina88 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:11:49

My last period was 28th November. I worked out I should be 9 weeks. But at early scan yesterday they could only see yolk. Could baby be dating earlier due to ovulation?

Embobolina88 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:22:53

Sorry I meant could the baby not be as far along as I thought due to when I ovulate? I took pregnancy test New Year's Eve and that said I'd conceived 1-2 weeks before

Anna2006 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:25:07

Hi Embo

So you had a positive test NYE. Was it a strong positive or a faint one? Did you do OPKs so you were roughly aware of your ov date in Dec?

Embobolina88 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:51:37

I don't know what an opk is sorry. I took a clear blue test with weeks indicator which said I had conceived 1-2 weeks prior

Anna2006 Sun 05-Feb-17 17:00:05

Okay so if you went off minimum of that so had only conceived 1 week before. It would still place you at about 8 weeks.
I think only you useful know with your dates etc if they can be right. It's very hard ☹️☹️

I hope it is good news for you. But if you got a positive test over 5 weeks ago an only a visible yolc sac suggests you are only about 5 weeks so obviously those dates don't really add up. But sometimes odder things happen.

I hope it works out for you. You have to hold out some form of hope but at the same time prepare yourself.

I mc in October at 13 weeks and had a blighted ovum. A gestation sac of 13 weeks but yolc sac and baby never developed. It's been very tough but we're all strong cookies xx

Embobolina88 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:38:13

I did also do a cheap Sainsbury's test on 31st Dec which only had a feint line. So if I did conceive only the weekend before. I could have been just under 6 weeks yesterday at the scan if u date from conception?

Katurah Sun 05-Feb-17 19:25:10

My dates are pretty much the same as yours. Last period 2nd December. I had a scan when according to that date I should have been 6 weeks, only a sac and yolk present and I fretted. Went back at 8 weeks and measured 7+5, baby and heartbeat present. I worked out because my cycle is a regular 32 days I couldn't have been 6 weeks at the first scan but I was days out rather than weeks. I hope things work out for you but I'd prepare yourself for the worst. I had a MMC in September and measured 6 weeks at 9 weeks, it's incredibly hard. Be kind to yourself and try to keep positivity as long as you can xxx

Embobolina88 Mon 06-Feb-17 09:09:45

I'm bleeding this morning- we'll sort of brown like the beginning of a period. Looks like problem is resolving itself.

Anna2006 Mon 06-Feb-17 12:00:37

Oh embo ☹️

TheUnseenAcademic Tue 07-Feb-17 18:19:05

I had two missed miscarriages found at 12 weeks scans (then 2 healthy pregnancies) and just wanted to send my sympathy and good wishes for the future. It's a really shitty thing to go through and it affects so many of us. Take care of yourself and good luck for the future flowers.

Embobolina88 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:38:00

Thank you for your message. Yeah it's horrendous. But I have one little boy getting me through. And at some point I will heal and feel strong enough to have another go. I had another miscarriage at 11 weeks in October. It was much worse as I had to pass the baby which was just heartbreaking, I suppose at least I don't have that to face this time. We go through some rubbish. But I've had one healthy baby, surely I can do it again!!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now