Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shampoos and essential oils

(3 Posts)
LeonieH Sat 04-Feb-17 21:06:42

I have read that essential oils can be harmful in pregnancy and it is best to take advice before using any. Im 23 weeks pregnant and I'm suffering from eczema and also am really sensitive to smells and today bought a bottle of Simple shampoo (from the Simple skincare brand), I've used it and then later read the label and see it contains two oils - listed below - which google tells me are geranium and roman chamomile. Google has provided different conclusions as to whether these oils are safe in pregnancy but surely in a brand shampoo like this it would not be a risk?

I'm a bit worried as I've used it but then the more logical part of my brain thinks surely if it was dangerous it would say don't use in pregnancy etc. Any thoughts? I'm sure most people wouldn't even read the label!

Aquaa_, Sodium Laureth Sulfatee_,Cocamide DEAA_, Sodium Chloridee_,Cocamidopropyl Betainee_,Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinatee_,Panthenoll_, Glycerinn_, Citric Acidd_,Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinatee_,Tetrasodium EDTAA_, Dipropylene Glycoll_,Anthemis Nobilis Oill_,Pelargonium Graveolens Oill_,Potassium Sorbatee_, Sodium Hydroxidee_

user1468957349 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:27:34

The amount used in the shampoo would be so tiny it would make no difference regardless. Don't worry x

GreedyDuck Sun 05-Feb-17 08:26:19

Ingredients are listed in order of amount, so there are minuscule amounts of oil in that shampoo. You are using it on your hair. It will not harm your baby.

If you are slathering oils on your skin and inhaling them deeply, that's when you need to dial it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now