Talk

Advanced search

No bump, no symptoms help!!

(4 Posts)
user1486212436 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:27:40

Hello, I'm driving myself mad! I've got my 12wk scan next week. I managed to conceive on my second round of IVF but got OHSS and ended up in hospital at 4 wks with it. Had scan at 6 wks and there was sac and wee heart beat. I've had no scan since. I've got no bump whatsoever, infact I've been losing weight and only symptoms I've had where up to a few weeks ago with sore breasts, constipation and the odd bit of mild nauseousness. For the past 3-4 weeks I've had nothing and feel totally normal. So terrified that I will show up to scan to no heartbeat. My family and close keep dismissing me but it's so hard not to feel this way after such a long slog to conceive in the first place! From being so ill with OHSS to now having no pregnancy symptoms is just odd. Sorry to all those that are suffering with vomiting and are showing already at 12 but I'd find that more reassuring. I know what will be will be but looking for bit of support- thanks in advance ❤

StinkyMcgrinky Sat 04-Feb-17 13:33:14

DS1 was a FET baby and he took 5 years to conceive. Like you, I had absolutely zero symptoms in early pregnancy, no sickness, no sore boobs, nothing. I certainly didn't have a bump at 12 weeks. I cried to my midwife at my 10 week booking appointment and she sent me for a scan, there he was wriggling away!

He's upstairs now napping after an hour of us wrestling to get him to stay in his bed. Your uterus in still behind your pelvic bone at this point and doesn't start moving up and out until a few weeks time, any bump now would just be bloating.

I'm sure everything will be fine, but totally get your anxiety and it's likely to stay with you until you have your baby but may be more manageable. Anxiety in pregnancy is a really thing, I was prescribed medication to keep mine in check. Make sure to mention anything to the midwife, I found they really were great with me

mumxof3x Sat 04-Feb-17 13:46:55

It's very normal not to have any symptoms, when I was pregnant with my first I was convinced I was due on my period because I just felt crampy and sore boobs. At 12 weeks you also wouldn't have a bump (aside from bloating which can often be a symptom) because the uterus it tucked well down at this point. I had my 5th baby in July and infact I managed to keep it a secret until 29 weeks (i went into labour a week and half later too) because you couldn't really tell and I'm very petite. I can understand your worries it must be so hard, I hope you get some reassurance from the posts that it is pretty common to not feel and look pregnant.

Congratulations too smile

SpinALittleFaster Sat 04-Feb-17 14:03:24

The uterus doesn't come above your pelvis until after 12 weeks, so any bump before then with a first baby is just bloating. I didn't have a discernable bump until 22 weeks with my first. I was also a stone down from a healthy starting weight by 16 weeks yet wasn't sick once.
Nothing anyone says will reassure you before you see the scan, but please don't let yourself get worked up about not having a bump and losing weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now