Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breech baby

(8 Posts)
harleysmammy Sat 04-Feb-17 00:22:08

My baby was head down last sunday..now he's breech, crazy baby! I only found out he was breech when i had a scan yesterday because all of a sudden, instead of kicking the hell out of my ribs, he was kicking literally what felt like his way out of my down below. I dont just feel them on the inside, but in the bath earlier i could literally see him kicking below bikini line and even further down still. Is this normal? Im not overly worried because he is still kicking at the normal times and things but because im not used to him kicking SO low rather than top of my bump/ribs, i just worry haha

HopeAndJoy16 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:17:48

How many weeks are you Harvey? Having a breech baby isn't usually anything to worry about before 36 weeks, babies often change positions like this ☺ if you get to 36 weeks and babe is still breech however the midwife would usually refer you for a scan and to see an obstetrician to discuss ecv/mode of delivery xx

TopKittyKat Sat 04-Feb-17 19:06:39

I'm still breech at 31 weeks. Midwife isn't concerned at all.
I'm sure your baby will turn again soon.

Nottalotta Sat 04-Feb-17 19:56:11

Ds was breech but not feet down, he was bum down with his head and feet up! Currently oregnant with dc2 and it is head WELL down and am getting similar sensations, movements way way down and what feels like it drumming on my perineum!

Dueindecember2016 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:37:58

Hi! My daughter is now 6 weeks old and was a breech birth.

I knew for weeks (from 29 weeks) she was breech and no one listened. I reached my due date and was told that the baby was head down... the midwife even did a sweep and said she could feel the head what she could actually feel was her bum.

Long story short, nearly a week over due I went for a second sweep where I was sent for a scan and the consultants said that I was breech (yeah, thanks for clarifying) and that I had to have a c section.

If your baby doesn't turn, don't worry!! Breech babies are unique, wait till you see their little legs and how they hold them in the air from how they have been inside you.

Happy to answer any questions on breech babies should you want to ask me anything

Pointlesscrap Sat 04-Feb-17 23:02:59

I've been booked in for a c-section as my baby is breech. What was your recovery like Dueindecember? I'm absolutely crapping it from all the horror stories I've heard

Howaboutthisone Sat 04-Feb-17 23:16:09

Pointless- I had natural birth for dc1 and I had quite the outing with a tough recovery. CS for breech DC2 and the recovery was so much better and I felt like me so much faster. I'm not having any more but would pick CS if I were. Hope that reassures you.

Dueindecember2016 Sun 05-Feb-17 02:32:17

Pointless - My recovery was really good. The 1st 12 hours you'll be bed bound as you'll have a catheter in. After that, try to get out of bed but take it easy. They'll ply you with pain killers whilst you are there.

I was out after two nights and recovered quickly at home. You'll have to keep your surgery stockings on for a week and they'll give you blood thinning injections to take home. You'll have to self inject for a week, sounds daunting but it's really not that bad.

Everyone has a story, some good some bad but I really am a firm believer that I recovered quicker because I got up as soon as I was allowed.

Remember to take plenty of nighties and huge Bridget Jones knickers with you. You won't want to wear pj's as the waist band will press on your scar area. You'll need big knickers for some time after too as normal ones will rest on your scar:

Let me know if you have any more questions xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now