Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nursing bras

(13 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 03-Feb-17 20:12:25

When did you buy yours?
Last pregnancy I gave birth at 35 weeks, so bought nursing bra's after the event.
This time I'm hoping that doesn't happen again! I'm almost 34 weeks now and thinking I need new bras soon as mine are getting uncomfortable. Do I buy nursing bras or more normal bras?
I never get fitted in a shop as they never fit me comfortably, I just measure and fit myself.

millyhopemum Fri 03-Feb-17 20:19:22

I havent bought my nursing bras yet as only 16 weeks. Since my boobs starting hurting at 6 weeks i went an got a non wired sports bra. sooo comfy and it goes by dress size rather than cup and chest. Im planning on wearing that for comfort purposes until i need to change to nursing bras.
so if your looking for comfort i suggest similar to mine and go for the nursing ones when its needed x

SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 03-Feb-17 20:22:40

As I said, I'm nearly 34 weeks! Only got 6 weeks max left till baby is here (not allowed to go overdue). I'm just wondering whether to buy nursing bras now or whether it's too soon....

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Fri 03-Feb-17 20:28:38

I just bought loads of really cheap racer back sports bra/crop top type things off eBay in the end because the hideously expensive nursing bras I originally bought are constantly in the wash and I resent spending £££ to get as many of them as I actually need. It gets pretty messy for us as I have a heavy let down and DD lacks in concentration. This pregnancy I was wearing the sports bra ones for the whole 3rd trimester for comfort.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 03-Feb-17 20:35:25

I found the asda ones (both the basic & pretty ones) comfortable & reasonably priced.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 03-Feb-17 20:38:20

These are the ones. I'm expecting again & took the screen shots to remind myself grin

GreenGoblin0 Fri 03-Feb-17 23:05:22

I bought a pack of two maternity/ nursing bras from m&s in first trimester that are still comfortable now (32 weeks)

personally if your current bras are uncomfortable would get nursing bras now

Bluebelltulip Sat 04-Feb-17 08:44:29

As you are uncomfortable I would get some now but be prepared that you may or may not need different ones after.

ElspethFlashman Sat 04-Feb-17 08:46:27

Honestly I just wore sports bras from Primark. Easy to sleep in and easy to hoick your boob out of.

I always found proper nursing bras a faff with the clips and they just went unworn.

SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 04-Feb-17 09:47:10

Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking for recommendations of brands/styles etc, I know what I want. All I asked was when people bought their nursing bras, as I'm deliberating whether to buy them now or if it's too soon.

Emz32 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:10:53

I waited until my milk came in to get feeding bras. I bought maternity bras at about 12 weeks when they initially grew & became uncomfy. I got fitted at bravissimo and they were superb. I always had the same problem as you, couldn't find a shop that ever fitted me correctly. It's really important to have them supported & in the right size. I thought I was in the right size, went into bravissimo & she showed me where the bra wasn't fitting properly & was cutting into breast tissue. It didn't feel uncomfortable but I was in the wrong size. If uncomfy now you could always go get some now but be prepared to get more if your milk coming in makes a big difference.

Orangebird69 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:14:51

I bought H&M soft nursing bras before I gave birth. Didn't buy anymore until after my milk had come in and supply had established itself, so maybe not until about 6/7 post partum?

hopsalong Sat 04-Feb-17 13:21:38

Second the H&M soft nursing bras. I like the soft slightly padded ones. Good range of smaller sizes. (I found getting a nursing bra in a 34B/ 34C quite tricky.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now