Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Nursing bras

(13 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 03-Feb-17 20:12:25

When did you buy yours?
Last pregnancy I gave birth at 35 weeks, so bought nursing bra's after the event.
This time I'm hoping that doesn't happen again! I'm almost 34 weeks now and thinking I need new bras soon as mine are getting uncomfortable. Do I buy nursing bras or more normal bras?
I never get fitted in a shop as they never fit me comfortably, I just measure and fit myself.

millyhopemum Fri 03-Feb-17 20:19:22

I havent bought my nursing bras yet as only 16 weeks. Since my boobs starting hurting at 6 weeks i went an got a non wired sports bra. sooo comfy and it goes by dress size rather than cup and chest. Im planning on wearing that for comfort purposes until i need to change to nursing bras.
so if your looking for comfort i suggest similar to mine and go for the nursing ones when its needed x

SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 03-Feb-17 20:22:40

As I said, I'm nearly 34 weeks! Only got 6 weeks max left till baby is here (not allowed to go overdue). I'm just wondering whether to buy nursing bras now or whether it's too soon....

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Fri 03-Feb-17 20:28:38

I just bought loads of really cheap racer back sports bra/crop top type things off eBay in the end because the hideously expensive nursing bras I originally bought are constantly in the wash and I resent spending £££ to get as many of them as I actually need. It gets pretty messy for us as I have a heavy let down and DD lacks in concentration. This pregnancy I was wearing the sports bra ones for the whole 3rd trimester for comfort.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 03-Feb-17 20:35:25

I found the asda ones (both the basic & pretty ones) comfortable & reasonably priced.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 03-Feb-17 20:38:20

These are the ones. I'm expecting again & took the screen shots to remind myself grin

GreenGoblin0 Fri 03-Feb-17 23:05:22

I bought a pack of two maternity/ nursing bras from m&s in first trimester that are still comfortable now (32 weeks)

personally if your current bras are uncomfortable would get nursing bras now

Bluebelltulip Sat 04-Feb-17 08:44:29

As you are uncomfortable I would get some now but be prepared that you may or may not need different ones after.

ElspethFlashman Sat 04-Feb-17 08:46:27

Honestly I just wore sports bras from Primark. Easy to sleep in and easy to hoick your boob out of.

I always found proper nursing bras a faff with the clips and they just went unworn.

SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 04-Feb-17 09:47:10

Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking for recommendations of brands/styles etc, I know what I want. All I asked was when people bought their nursing bras, as I'm deliberating whether to buy them now or if it's too soon.

Emz32 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:10:53

I waited until my milk came in to get feeding bras. I bought maternity bras at about 12 weeks when they initially grew & became uncomfy. I got fitted at bravissimo and they were superb. I always had the same problem as you, couldn't find a shop that ever fitted me correctly. It's really important to have them supported & in the right size. I thought I was in the right size, went into bravissimo & she showed me where the bra wasn't fitting properly & was cutting into breast tissue. It didn't feel uncomfortable but I was in the wrong size. If uncomfy now you could always go get some now but be prepared to get more if your milk coming in makes a big difference.

Orangebird69 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:14:51

I bought H&M soft nursing bras before I gave birth. Didn't buy anymore until after my milk had come in and supply had established itself, so maybe not until about 6/7 post partum?

hopsalong Sat 04-Feb-17 13:21:38

Second the H&M soft nursing bras. I like the soft slightly padded ones. Good range of smaller sizes. (I found getting a nursing bra in a 34B/ 34C quite tricky.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: