Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2017 Chicco Next2me- what's new?

(13 Posts)
Umblubblub Fri 03-Feb-17 18:03:04

Hello, thinking of getting a next2me but noticed there's a new version out for 2017 on the Mothercare website. The product description is exactly the same but it's more expensive. Can't see anywhere how it's different from the current Next2me, and wondered if anyone knew?

Lunalovepud Sat 04-Feb-17 10:26:11

Looks like the new one has a drop side thingy instead of a zip... I have an old style one that we used for DC1 and would absolutely recommend the Next To Me... I will be using it again for DC2. Not sure I would shell out the extra money for the drop side doodah but I guess it depends how you feel you will use it.

I never actually used the drop side on the Next To Me as I was worried about the covers from our bed going on DC and making him to hot but I liked him being so close and being able to see him all the time. If it helps, I really rated the Next To Me and it's a travel cot too (bit bulky though - check your boot space), so means baby is used to their bed etc if you go somewhere new and we found DC settled fine when we were away.

Umblubblub Sat 04-Feb-17 16:43:26

Thanks Luna, that's very helpful. I'm also planning to use it as a stand alone crib with the side up. I think the new one also rocks, but the previous model doesn't? Baby not due for another 10 weeks, so hopefully I can find somewhere that stocks the new one so I can see it before deciding. The previous model gets such great reviews I'd be quite nervous about buying something new in case it's not as good!

Lunalovepud Sat 04-Feb-17 17:21:19

The previous model doesn't rock... I'd pop into Mothercare or somewhere if you can and have a look - they might even have an old and a new for you to compare and if they have both, the old one might be on sale! grin

SpinALittleFaster Sat 04-Feb-17 20:37:34

I think the 2017 models are just different colours. There seems to be a new Next2Me Dream though at £240 which has a drop side and rocks.

Mrs40 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:09:21

I looked at this too but ended up going with the snuzpod as we don't have a lot of room and the snuzpod is more compact. It was about £200 but its designed that it can be portable so we'll use it during the day downstairs too instead of a moses basket.
Not saying one is better than the other but you might want to look at this one too? We've not used ours yet (still got a couple of weeks to go) but we are pleased so far with it in terms of size, how it looks and ease of zip etc. It also has a shelf underneath that we think will be handy as again we are restricted for space so having a place for wipes, muslins etc works well for us.

Lunalovepud Sun 05-Feb-17 15:26:31

Mrs40 Not sure if you have looked at a Sleepyhead? I found ours brilliant for downstairs daytime naps... They aren't cheap but don't take up much space, can be used in the cot when your baby outgrown the Snuzpod and saves you lugging a cot up and down stairs every day.

Mrs40 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:39:23

Lunalovepud thanks for that. I've had a quick look. Looks good and very cosy for baby.

Umblubblub Sun 05-Feb-17 16:38:08

Luna, what do you dress baby in at night when they sleep in the sleepyhead? I was going to use the grobags I had for DS1, but I'm worried that might be too warm.

Lunalovepud Sun 05-Feb-17 16:49:44

I just used the Grobags as normal with the tog indicated on the Grobag temperature doodah... I went with the lightest tog for the temp though to be on the safe side. DC was fine.

In the summertime I just put him to sleep in the sleepyhead in a his sleepsuit or even vest when it was too warm for grobags and took the sleepyhead out of the cot overnight for a couple of nights when it was hot, hot - he didn't sleep as well without the sleepyhead but I think that's because it was boiling rather than anything to do with the sleepyhead!

I found the sleepyhead really breathable - he slept in it on summer holiday in France and didn't overheat - we bought a sleepyhead Grande in the end as he loved it so much and he was in that for ages too - I only took his out of the cot recently (he is 19 months now) as he likes a good roll about and the sleepyhead was getting on his nerves.

Umblubblub Sun 05-Feb-17 18:00:36

That's brilliant info, thanks Luna. smile

Notsure1234 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:31:37

I have a sleepyhead and was worried about overheating but the instructions say to dress baby as you would anyway for the weather as they don't retain heat etc. I only reduced bedclothes when ds got nearer 8 months and things became a bit more snug

jld128 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:05:13

hi i was in mothercare today and saw one and the only thing that made it new and exclusive was a new silver colour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now