Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore hands and fingers!

(5 Posts)
babymomma93 Fri 03-Feb-17 16:21:51

Hi all!!
Wondering if anyone is suffering from something similar as me so I can put my mind at rest. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks iv been experiencing pain in my hands and fingers, as if iv been gripping onto something for dear life!! Anyone else?

Foggymist Fri 03-Feb-17 17:08:50

Sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome, very common in late pregnancy. Have you mentioned it to gp midwife? You can get splints that really help.

Jojo13 Fri 03-Feb-17 20:42:12

I had this from quite early on in my first pregnancy.
All the joints in my hands really ached and I couldn't grip things very tightly. It was on and off throughout my pregnancy. It never got bad enough (just really annoying) to see a doctor but I know they can give you splints if it is carpal tunnel.
Maybe see your gp. Hope it gets better x

phoebe2016 Sat 04-Feb-17 07:31:07

I second carpel tunnel too. Very common in pregnancy, thanks to hormones! There are things the Dr can give you to help, so don't suffer, pop down to see your Dr. Good luck x

babymomma93 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:37:55

Thank you all!! I thought I was just being stupid! blush I will go see the gp on Monday! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now