Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness & Annual Leave - Advice Sought

(3 Posts)
Mumtonone Fri 03-Feb-17 11:51:05

Been off sick for the last two weeks due to a mix of morning sickness and strep throat. Have had a throughly miserable time, but beginning to feel a bit brighter as meds from the doctor have started to take effect and I'm gradually eating.

Sick line signs me off to the middle of next week, but I think I could be well enough to go back Monday.

Have explained this to work, as well as told them I have a MW and hospital appointments for next week. Have volunteered to reorganised the MW appointment.

Thing is one of the reasons I'm trying to get back, is so I can take next Friday off on annual leave. Had the day booked over two months ago, and before I knew I was pregnant. It's the one year anniversary on my Mum's death and have had a day planned out.

I'm worried that work is going to make me cancel the day's leave. I have processed it through the system, but my boss never actually signed it off. Given my absence through sickness comes at a very busy time, I can see pressure coming to work - even if coming back from sick leave early.

If it was any other day, I would happily work, but this feels important.

Any advice?

confusedat23 Fri 03-Feb-17 12:39:30

Hey Mum Just so you know you cannot return to work whilst you have an active sick not unless the doctor has written you a fit fir work note. If you were to return to work you would not be insured for anything that happens for that period.

I would not worry about the holiday if you put it in ages ago i would go back to work when you are meant to and then just carry on as if they have approved it then if they try and challenge you you can evidence how long ago it was sent in for approval

Mumtonone Fri 03-Feb-17 13:41:40

Thanks Confusedat, I was planning to ask doctor to amend sick line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now