Talk

Advanced search

iv drip for high ketones

(4 Posts)
user1471512021 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:49:36

I've just been told I need to go to the epu for an iv drip as I have high levels of ketones in my urine. Does anyone know what I might need to take in? Am I likely to be in overnight?
Thanks for any advice.

summerskittles91 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:10:43

Hi I've been through this twice, both times I was admitted late evening and spent the night there. You wont need anything urgently, is there anyone who can drop off a change of clothes and toiletries, phone charger and so on if you have to stay in over night? As long as you have your pregnancy notes I wouldn't worry about anything else.

summerskittles91 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:10:46

Hi I've been through this twice, both times I was admitted late evening and spent the night there. You wont need anything urgently, is there anyone who can drop off a change of clothes and toiletries, phone charger and so on if you have to stay in over night? As long as you have your pregnancy notes I wouldn't worry about anything else.

Rya2710 Fri 03-Feb-17 16:16:58

I had this at 12 weeks and was on a 6 hour drip and then an 8 hour drip straight after so was kept in overnight. I didn't really need anything much I'd just say put your phone charger in your bag and little bits that you think you might need xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now