Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tried to book an app with doctor online

(12 Posts)
user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:34:28

I don't want any haters please I'm feeling delicate atm. I found out I was pregnant on the 7th of Jan after nausea and vomiting I thought I was sick as I had been on holiday the week before in morocco so with that and Christmas we were pretty skint so I couldn't afford to do my phone bill this month so after registering with my local doctors, I booked my app online while I was on the bus putting in the comment section that I was pregnant and it's the first app. I'm now maybe 12 weeks and I called the surgery it turns out it should have been with a midwife two weeks ago, they are now booked up until the 20th and turns out no one reads the comment section. I'm feeling pretty stupid and scared I have my app with a doctor today 😔

OneWithTheForce Fri 03-Feb-17 09:37:14

It will Be fine, don't worry. Lots of women don't find out they are pregnant until much later in pregnancy so they miss the first few appointments. Please don't worry.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:38:15

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I stupid is this new surgery sucky? I'm just worried and scared I've never been pregnant before, I have slight agrophobia which is getting worse now as I fear being sick outside...I wish I could have just gone done there...

EyeStye Fri 03-Feb-17 09:39:14

Hey don't worry. You've got appt today. The doctor doesn't do a great deal I'm afraid but arrange the midwife appt. Hopefully he or she can get you in with a hosp midwife sooner a bit quicker. In our area we can book direct with hosp midwife for the booking in appt, we don't have to go to the surgery midwife. Ask how you can get your 12 week scan and bloods more quickly than the 20th.
There's nothing the maternity services actually do other than just book you in (admin procedure) before the 12 week stage so you haven't missed anything.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:39:46

Thank you onewiththeforce, I think I was just a bit upset aswell because currently the baby is more like being ill than a being and I was hoping for a connection to help motivation.

EyeStye Fri 03-Feb-17 09:40:35

Third pregnancy I didn't see anyone at all until 13 weeks. Don't worry. But don't expect much from doctor will probably just get you in the system to book with a midwife.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:41:47

Thanks eyestye I'm feeling better already, I think the hormones and being tired is making me a little haywire.

EyeStye Fri 03-Feb-17 09:42:04

Totally get that lack of connection thing! I actually felt like that with all pregnancies until visible bump and then not really real until I had a baby in my arms. Third baby was unplanned and I paid for a private scan to try and help the bonding.
Hope you feel better soon

OneWithTheForce Fri 03-Feb-17 09:43:28

You're not stupid, how could you have known they don't read the comments. They are the stupid ones for having a comment section and then it reading them!

As has been said, very little happens at the GP appointment. With my second pregnancy I didn't even get my bum on a seat. I walked in and GP said "what the problem?" I said "I think I'm pregnant" and he said "ok I'll send a referral, which hospital?" I replied and that was it. My partner didn't even get through the door! I was shocked.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:46:55

Thank you eyestye the OH is supportive but he doesn't get how it feels, my house and myself are a quite dirty, I have no energy and always quesy and I hate my shower and kitchen. Currently worst flu ever, I don't want to tell my fam until I know it's okay but it's making me feel lonely and unconnected to my little being.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:48:43

Onewiththeforce I really don't like most GP, I hope I don't dislike the midwife. My friend went to the same place quite a while ago and they were very rude to her.

user1486113403 Fri 03-Feb-17 09:50:26

Thank you everyone I'm feeling a lot better now, I think I was over upset because of the hormones and a little disappointed in the mistake X as all I want to do is see the babe x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now