Talk

Advanced search

Help?! Miscarriage/ectoptic/pregnant??

(17 Posts)
Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:40:37

I am a 22 year old female in a long term relationship, no children.

About two weeks ago I suddenly got a very sharp constant pain on my left side that was very painful for a week, the pain subsided in the last few days of that week but at the start hurt a lot every time I moved, lifted my leg etc almost as if I'd pulled a muscle. Took 2 PT's in this week both were negative.

I haven't had my period this month (although have history of irregularity but past 5 months have been on time). Since the pain subsided I have had the odd sharp pain on this side and across my stomach and cramping/bloating quite badly, I had quite bad pain yesterday on the lower left side (don't normally have much period pain). Normally when I am due on my boobs swell up loads and this hasn't happened so haven't expected a period.

I've just gone to the toilet and I know this sounds awful but there is a really really foul smell from down there (never experienced anything like this) and a slightly thick orange/pink discharge and I am in a bit of pain low down in my abdomen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 22:42:20

Could you have a tampon left in?

pullingmyhairout1 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:48:02

I had an awful fishy smell Monday. Tuesday night I miscarried. Awful pain on right hand side. However I lost huge clots at the same time. Completely gutted.

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:50:32

Nope 100% no tampon

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 22:52:40

Don't shoot me fir saying this

there are some STIs that could cause pain and smelly discharge.

Some even with contraception are still transmitable

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:52:48

Pullingmyhairout1 I'm so sorry to hear that.

Jenniferb21 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:54:32

I would seek medical help ASAP this sounds like you may require treatment.

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:55:31

I haven't been on contraception for 2 years as it had a bad effect on me and was told to stay off it so have been using the pull out method with my partner for two years (yea I know I know...)

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 22:57:13

Have either of you been tested?

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 22:59:13

I was at the start of our relationship (just over 3 years ago) and was clear, he hasn't ever though. Never had issues until this month

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 23:10:39

Some things can remain symptom less for a long time.

I would definitely see the Dr asap. Pain and strange discharge is always worth checking out.

There are a number of possibilities and all of which do require medical attention.

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:16:35

I will see how I am tonight and if the situation gets worse I will call nhs direct. I've recently moved so am not registered with GP yet sad( may be worth travelling back to my old GP... thanks for advice

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 02-Feb-17 23:25:29

Google walk in clinics and/or sexual health clinics in the meantime You don't need to be registered at a Dr's for those.

Even if you feel better I'd still go. Am infection could cause all sorts of issues/damage you won't know about maybe for years after so you don't want to take the chance.

Sorry op flowers

Poodledoodle1234 Thu 02-Feb-17 23:38:01

I've just gone to the toilet and had the browny pinky discharge.. sat there for a while and wiped a few times as just didn't feel quite right and I just had a heavy bleed that stopped quickly, very shakey now and crampy.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 03-Feb-17 01:05:53

How are you feeling now poodle? has the bleeding stopped? I know it's already been asked but are you absolutely certain there isn't a tampon? If you are definite about it (and by that I mean that you don't use them) then I'd consider seeking medical help in the morning, earlier if the bleeding increases.

Poodledoodle1234 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:19:52

Been bleeding heavily all day today with pain in my left side. Feeing like it may be a period now but the whole thing has just been really really out of the ordinary confused

pullingmyhairout1 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:39:37

Bless you poodle hope you're feeling ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now