Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Books for toddler about new baby?

(14 Posts)
Justaboutmanaging Mon 26-Feb-07 18:38:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hana Mon 26-Feb-07 18:42:00

there's a nice set of two books published by child's play ( american) there aren't any words, just lovely pictures of the mum and toddler going to the scan, decorating the baby's room, mummy resting and daddy getting supper - next book is about changing nappies, giving bottles, playing iwth baby, that sort of thing. Nice b/c there aren't any words and you can just point to the pictures and say words, or tell your own story. Will check what they're called ( I bought thme from amazon)

themildmanneredjanitor Mon 26-Feb-07 18:43:08

sleepycat Mon 26-Feb-07 18:43:47

Justaboutmanaging Mon 26-Feb-07 18:44:08

Califrau Mon 26-Feb-07 18:45:45

hana Mon 26-Feb-07 18:47:16

waiting for baby
my new baby by annie kubler

Summerfruit Mon 26-Feb-07 18:49:17

Message withdrawn

hotlipsmummy Mon 26-Feb-07 18:52:58

I am expecting dc2 in 7 weeks and have a 20 month old. The "My New baby" book in the same series as "Waiting for Baby" is good - has a picture of mummy bf rather than bottle so I have explained that the baby has its milk from mummy and ds has his milk in a beaker - am hoping this will avoid stress over wanting a cuddle too etc. I like that there is no text so we can explain it all in our terms and how it works for our ds etc.

ALso got "there's a house" and "waiting for baby" but our ds is not interested in pg books, just the ones with babies in them!!

Fingers crossed its worked when dc2 arrives...

Justaboutmanaging Tue 27-Feb-07 12:26:28

EllieKwithaHUGEbump Tue 27-Feb-07 12:33:46

i love "there's a house", my ds (3) loves it too and has asked to look at it regualarly throughout my pg (6 weeks left!)

the bit that gets me is " My daddy says be patient as his door is rather tight" when discussing when the baby will arrive, so obviously written by a man

sputnik Tue 27-Feb-07 15:19:25

If he's a Spot fan then Spot's Baby Sister is good for his age.

99redballoons Tue 27-Feb-07 15:41:40

a bit late with this suggestion, but we have this one which is really sweet. All four stories follow a couple of families and how they all know each other etc.

mammaduck Tue 27-Feb-07 15:44:42

I have given My New Baby to several friends when they were having number two (or three!)

It doesn't have any words but has lots of details to talk about, and also shows the new baby being breastfed, which appealed to me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: