Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feet: can you see them? Erm... YES.

(13 Posts)
likeacrow Thu 02-Feb-17 16:51:02

What's the deal with pregnant women saying they can't wait to see their toes again or that they're going to get a pedicure before the birth so that their feet look good when they see them again?! I'm 36 weeks pregnant and in order to see my feet I simply move my legs... confused Is this a special skill I alone possess?
(Lady bits however, that's a different story.)

Kelsey28 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:57:10

Only 28 weeks and my minky moo is a long and distant and very hairy memory

likeacrow Thu 02-Feb-17 17:03:16

Kelsey28 grin After initially trying to contort my body into all kinds of crazy shapes in order to keep the lady garden in trim I decided to invest in one of those bikini trimmers. I still can't see my handiwork though so it probably looks like a drunk's been let loose with child scissors down there.

Imavinoops Thu 02-Feb-17 19:12:46

Agree with the toes thing, I'm much more excited to see the lady garden, no matter how much contortion you do you just can't see it!

35 weeks at the moments and missing being able to trim it properly greatly!

TheTartOfAsgard Thu 02-Feb-17 19:24:04

I've developed a complicated but effective strategy of lying on my bed and using three very well placed mirrors and a lamp. My fanny looks lovely 😊

Notyetthere Thu 02-Feb-17 20:34:04

Ladies and your lady gardensgrin. I'm only 19wks so not too big but DH pointed out the day that I had missed a bit. I had sheared the lady garden and left a neat little patch on one bikini line. We named it the wonky Brazilian. I'm about to give up grin.

SnugglySnerd Thu 02-Feb-17 20:39:08

I can see them but I can't reach them! DH had to cut my toenails the other day. He was not happy about it. They are very jagged, I am awaiting the onset of painful ingrown nails. Maybe that is the real reason people get pedicures!

likeacrow Thu 02-Feb-17 21:41:29

tartofasgard that made me laugh out loud. I'm so glad your fanny looks lovely.

daisygirlmac Thu 02-Feb-17 21:47:18

I haven't seen my lady garden in forever (40+2!) but I had a swipe at it with DH's beard trimmer last week. He got all awkward when he saw what I'd done and asked me ever so nicely if I'd meant to make it look like that. Apparently it was tufty grin

Toes though, I had to get him to cut them last week and he made such a shite job I was forced to go and get a lovely pedicure yesterday that I made him pay for

Katiepotato Fri 03-Feb-17 00:52:18

37+1 and I've been having DH trim mine for me the last few months. Very undignified and multiple ingrown hairs but he's slowly getting better at it!

likeacrow Fri 03-Feb-17 08:55:22

I've managed to keep my own toenails cut & filed right up to 36 weeks. V proud. Have had DH polish them though. Least he can do!

jcne Fri 03-Feb-17 11:51:56

I'm 28 weeks and yep feet aren't out of sight... difficult to reach mind you but it can be done. fanny has re-wildest though and you know what i love it!!

jcne Fri 03-Feb-17 11:52:55

re-wilded!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now