Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Section scar pain during subsequent pregnancy

(2 Posts)
Theknittinggorilla Thu 02-Feb-17 16:13:45

Hi

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with dc3 and have had two previous sections. For the last week or two I've been getting a really sharp pain on one side, right on my scar. Mainly when I'm moving around or when I have been moving. I vaguely remember getting a bit of scar pain in the last pregnancy but don't remember it being as painful as this. Though I am probably more active given this time around I have a four year old and a two year old to chase after....

Anyone had anything similar? Is it normal to get scar pain with all the strain of another pregnancy? It's a sharp stingy pain. Not sure whether to speak to midwife but not sure what they would do?

Star8181 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:43:51

Hi, yes I've had the same, 3rd pregnancy with 2 previous sections. It's a stingy pain like you said, almost like a hot, searing pain at times, it can be really sore and stop me in my tracks!
I had it a lot when I was at your stage but it's lessened now (38 weeks) so I wonder whether it was just all the stretching and growing going on. I didn't mention it to the midwife, but it's definitely worth it to put your mind at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now