Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloody show -early labour?

(5 Posts)
Pandabear123 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:10:06

Hi all, I am 38+6 and have had bleeding accompanied by a constant pressure down low and mild, period-like cramps but no contractions or back ache. How long did people have these kinds of things before labour kicked in? Curious to know others' experiences!

divadee Thu 02-Feb-17 16:44:13

I gave birth last week and I had those exact symptoms for just over a week before I went into labour. I'm sure they weren't a waste of time though as my labour was only 1 hour 38 mins so think the build up may of helped.

Pandabear123 Thu 02-Feb-17 17:17:05

Wow a week!! There was me hoping something might happen tonight.... period pains seem to have stopped/ less but back is aching now, although I can't tell if that is just general pregnancy aches! Amazing short labour though!

mumxof3x Thu 02-Feb-17 17:27:18

I was losing bloody show for around three weeks before I went into proper labour.don't think that is the usual case though lol.

Pandabear123 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:07:29

Oh Lord!! I am due in 1 week but my first was 2 weeks late and had to be induced / c section in the end.... really hoping for a natural birth this time! Thanks for sharing, useful to know stories so I don't get my hopes up too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now