Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre eclampsia 17 weeks!?!?!

(2 Posts)
Emmalou91 Thu 02-Feb-17 15:50:38

I saw my consultant yesterday due to having pre eclampsia at 28 weeks in my previous pregnancy, I need to add I felt absolutely fine before this appointment! I hadn't really drank much yesterday with working and school runs ect and straight after I had this appointment, they took my blood pressure which was slightly high - 128/88 and I had one plus of protein in my water, I spoke with my consultant as my blood pressure has been up and down whenever I've been taking it at home it's been within normal ranges! My consultant thinks pre eclampsia is unavoidable this pregnancy, this has obviously scared me as I remember how poorly I was last time! I cried last night and got quite upset and at about 4 am this morning I woke up with a bit of a headache, it soon wore off.. I've rang the midwife unit and explained and they said I'm probably worked up about what was said. But now I'm convinced I'm getting pre eclampsia now I'm so scared it's developing already but I'm 99% sure the symptoms are in my head as I know it's too early! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow as I'm due back at work and need a check up before they sign me back, has anyone else felt like this!?

Whatsername17 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:05:56

I had pre-eclampsia in my first pregnancy but avoided it second time around. Are you on aspirin? My gp surgery has a blood pressure machine in reception. When I was worried I'd just pop in and check. 128/88 isn't all that high. 140/90+ is when they get worried and even then, there is medication that you can take. Try not to worry too much. It will be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now