Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Epu scan measured 4 weeks younger

(8 Posts)
littlehelp Thu 02-Feb-17 15:09:55

So I started bleeding on Tuesday evening mild cramps which stopped yesterday and bleeding not very heavy

Got referred for a early scan today and baby measured that of a 5week pregnancy when I should be almost 9

So i assume my body has started the process of miscarriage how long does the process take and how long normally for periods to return

Xx

littlehelp Thu 02-Feb-17 17:50:31

Bump

LittleFox10 Thu 02-Feb-17 17:54:12

Hi OP didn't want to read & run. Firstly I'm sorry this is happening to you. Did you see a heartbeat at all at the scan?

I had a mc 22nd December at 7 weeks with twins. I bled for around 7/8 days and I got AF on 29th January. I hope this answers a few questions - obviously it varys from person to person.

Take care of yourself flowers

littlehelp Thu 02-Feb-17 20:46:19

Did your body absorb or did you pass the sac's no heartbeat seen but need to have a re scan in 2 weeks then look at options going forward xx

LittleFox10 Thu 02-Feb-17 21:05:09

I honestly don't know, I would presume I passed the sacs but I didn't see them and to be honest didn't want to look for them because I think it would of been more heartbreaking. I was still hoping one baby survived, but when I went to the hospital to have a scan to see what was happening they did a pregnancy test before hand and told me it was negative so didn't need a scan.

I really hope the mc isn't too painful for you, hot water bottles helps majorly if you do suffer pain. It's so horrible seeing so many people go through mcs everyday. This site is amazing and so many people that understand what you are going through.

I hope you get all the care you need xx

littlehelp Thu 02-Feb-17 21:45:14

Sorry to hear what you went through

Yes this site is get full of support xx

2plus1plusL1 Fri 03-Feb-17 07:21:54

I've get had something very similar, 8 weeks pregnant but measuring 5.5 weeks. I bleed for about 10 days and I definitely passed some stuff but i didn't look too closely! I had no pain but I felt it took she's to finish. I had various trips to EPU as my hormone level wasn't dropping low enough.
Sorry this is happening to you

littlehelp Fri 03-Feb-17 07:51:10

Thank you will see how everything goes xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now