Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sciatica?

(2 Posts)
doubledecker1986 Wed 01-Feb-17 21:17:46

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and over the last week or so I have started having aches and pains in my bum and top of the backs of my legs.

It's like a dull pulling feeling, achy, and quite uncomfortable to walk when it flares up but not unbearable.

I've consulted google to try and work out what it could be that is causing it, and the only thing I've found that sounds close is Sciatica.

Is this likely at just 13 weeks?

I have a small but noticeable bump (not first baby) but not so big it could put pressure on anything yet?

Not over weight. I don't really 'exercise' as such, I just walk a lot which seems to keep me at a healthy weight, so not a gym injury or anything.

It's driving me mad I like to be active and it's holding me back! Any advice? Ideas? Experiences?

GreenGoblin0 Wed 01-Feb-17 23:50:09

more likely to be pelvic girdle pain very common during pregnancy and often mistaken for sciatica. your midwife can refer you for physio if it continues

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now