Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best way to take cyclizine?

(7 Posts)
EdenX Wed 01-Feb-17 18:29:11

Took my first tablet at about 1pm today - didn't feel particularly nauseous but I did feel quite drowsy so had a nap. Got up for dinner and as soon as I started eating felt very sick, so stopped and took another tablet. I'm now lying in bed trying not to lose my dinner!

Should I have taken a tablet before dinner even though I felt OK then? Is it best to take before or after food, or at regular times or just as and when I feel nauseous?

beck3001 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:39:51

You can take them whenever but I got mine from the hospital, they said three a day and they take at least 24 hours to kick in! Mine took around two days unfortunately! But they did work wonders!
I've just come off mine at 11 weeks as I ran out and feeling heaps better than I was before hand, nauseous slightly at times.
Also it is noted on them that they make you tired
Hope they work for you!

EdenX Wed 01-Feb-17 18:54:12

Thanks, the GP said they would take 30 minutes to work! Guess its wishful thinking that I might not be puking tonight.
I generally feel quite exhausted in the afternoon/evening so don't know if I can blame it on the tablets yet.

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:58:28

Mine worked on me straight away (a 30 times a day vomiter) but they always put me to sleep and made me horrendously dizzy! If they don't work for you you can ask for something else, I'm on something called ondesetron now which is better in some respects but I've started being sick a couple of times a day. I'll take that under the circumstances. Just yeah don't be afraid to change up if they don't work

beck3001 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:05:15

Ah they might stop you from actually vomiting pretty quickly.. I had more nausea than vomiting but as I say, that passed in a few days and I was happy to enjoy food!!

EdenX Wed 01-Feb-17 19:08:51

Thanks both, I'm feeling really hopeful. So would you say its better to take regularly eg 7/1/7 rather than just in response to nausea?

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:29:46

I take mine when I start getting that feeling in my throat, you know the one. I found it easier taking cyclizine because it was 3 times so I took it when I got up, about 3 ish and when I went to bed. The ondensetron I'm struggling with because it lasts about 7 hours but I can only take 2 a day. I know all that didn't help you lol! At regular times ish will help you most likely but it doesn't have to be an exact thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now