Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Travelling when 25wks...inform insurance co?

(8 Posts)
fassbendersmistress Wed 01-Feb-17 16:19:23

Hi, I can't remember what I did when I travelled during first pg (5yrs ago). If you're travelling (it's a beach holiday overseas) do you need to inform your travel insurance co so that you're covered if anything happens? I checked the policy in particular the bit about informing of 'pre-existing conditions' but I can't find anything clear on this....

Reality16 Wed 01-Feb-17 16:20:41

Phone them and ask? Not all companies have the same criteria.

wickerlampshade Wed 01-Feb-17 16:22:07

Of course. And make sure the baby is covered if it comes early.

PowerofThree Wed 01-Feb-17 16:23:17

Travelling at 15 weeks, we phoned the people at our insurance company who deal with pre-existing conditions and they said it didn't need to be declared. They did say they only covered emergencies ie: early labour not normal term care. Probably worth double checking with your provider though.

fassbendersmistress Wed 01-Feb-17 16:32:15

Ah great thanks, I'll give them a call to be on the safe side.

Good point on the baby cover. It's a family policy but I'll give that a mention too.

SuperUnicorn Wed 01-Feb-17 19:03:30

I've just been to France for two weeks (24-26) and I emailed and asked our insurance company as I could find nothing in their terms. They said as long as my GP/midwife said fine I was covered. I emailed rather than called so I had it in writing from them.

Fluffywallow Thu 02-Feb-17 07:13:24

If it's a EU country check if your E111 card covers you (https://www.e111.org.uk/apply.html) I'm travelling to Croatia at 31 weeks and it covers me for anything birth or pregnancy related. It varies from country to country so worth checking.

Fluffywallow Thu 02-Feb-17 07:16:35

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/countryguide/Pages/EEAcountries.aspx

Here's the details for each specific country.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now