Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety and early pg. Am I being a twat to myself?

(6 Posts)
IMaedDis Wed 01-Feb-17 12:42:00

Am 4+3 with second baby. Having up and down days with anxiety about MMC as we had this with DS's twin last time. Trying my best to sit on it but last night had my first 'bleed' dream of this pregnancy (my subconscious is a sweetie) and today I'm feeling a little flat. No sign of any bleeds or such. Am being a bit silly, I know.

We've got a viability scan booked for 6+6 (it was that or wait until 7+3 and I reasoned one day off seven weeks (as we had last time) wouldn't make much difference - plus my cycles are 26-27 days anyway). I'm wigging out today about what if a heartbeat isn't seen on that scan and we have a torturous week to wait for a rescan? Do I beat my neurotic self over the head with the fact that 6+6 should be fine (7+0 was totally fine for a viability scan last time) or do I postpone it and just go generally out of my tree for a few more days?

Argh. I just want my baby and for everything to be ok this time.

(Disclaimer: probably a bit hormonal blush)

jinglebellmel Wed 01-Feb-17 14:53:27

I had 2 miscarriages between ds and this pregnancy and also have the 'bleed dream' so can sympathise. I had a viability scan at 6+6, I thought I was 7+1 and only realised the day before that I couldn't count! Turned out to be measuring 7+2 though and they found a heartbeat. Obviously that's just anecdotal though. Some places I looked at offered the scan from 6 weeks so I presume there's a reasonably good chance of finding the heartbeat then - if I were you I'd call the scan place and ask their advice. good luck

IMaedDis Wed 01-Feb-17 15:03:56

Thanks and I'm glad this pregnancy hopefully seems to be working out for you flowers

Yes, they found both heartbeats well last time at 7+0 but from reading around (we were with clinic last time, we're not this time due to massive luck), 6-7 weeks seems the main time for hb to show up. Why am wigging over the sake of a day?!

oatybiscuits Wed 01-Feb-17 15:13:29

Hth, early pregnancy is a shit time especially if you've had a mc before. There used to be very good support after mc threads on here, not sure if they're still about?

ButtMuncher Wed 01-Feb-17 15:15:06

Sympathy - I'm a hugely anxious person and absolutely hated my pregnancy because all I did was worry. Didn't help that my DS barely moved some days so I was always over the hospital.

I wish you all the best, and remember if the anxiety gets too severe there are Mental Health services that can be accessed during and post natally. They were a life saver for me.

IMaedDis Wed 01-Feb-17 15:21:54

Thanks so much. It's so great and so shite at the same time! I think part of the problem is as we're not under the clinic this time, things feel less medicalised and there's nobody 'on hand' this time, as it were. Plus obv with it being a second pregnancy the midwife is happy not to be in touch immediately (which OTOH may be for the best so she doesn't think I've completely lost it since having DS blush). The weeks are just so chuffing long as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now