Talk

Advanced search

Worried :(

(10 Posts)
ColourfulOrangex Wed 01-Feb-17 12:09:02

Hi...I just got back from my midwife appointment, I'm 16 weeks today, was a different midwife as my normal one is on holiday.
Anyway, since the 3rd week of this pregnancy I have been sick and had no energy, literally sleeping most of the time (this is my second pregnancy I have a son of 5) I can't manage much food even though I am constantly trying even if it's just a rich tea or packet of crisps etc, my logic is something is better than nothing, I heard the baby's heart beat which seemed very strong but the midwife done a urine test and said there are ketones in it which is due to my body breaking down fat stores to feed myself and the baby kind of thing, she's told me if I'm not careful I will end up in hospital on an IV drip and now I'm panicking thinking I'm harming my baby, I am trying to eat but hardly anything stays down and if I manage some dinner it's only about 3 or 4 mouthfuls, she advised me to buy some iron supplement things which I have but does anyone have any advice as to what I can try to eat that is high in fat or something or am I worrying too much will this eventually sort itself out? She hasn't booked me back in for 3 months although I might book in when my normal midwife is back...sorry this is long

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:15:37

Is it the case that you're being on the food you're eating or youre not eating because you're so nauseous? I ask because you probably have hyperemesis. I have it and had to be admitted to hospital on iv's for a while but I'm now on medication to help. Make an app to see your gp and ask for something to help, you'll probably be given cyclizine, it made me really dizzy so i have something else now but it did stop me being sick. Your midwife is also very unhelpful so if you can i'd change her. Good luck and I hope you start to feel better asap xx

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:16:33

Sorry I just realised she isn't your usual midwife

ColourfulOrangex Wed 01-Feb-17 12:21:12

She was useless she didn't seem that interested so I'll be glad when my normal one is back...I'm feeling nauseous constantly but still try and eat every few hours as I know we both need it but whenever I eat it comes straight back up sad thank you I will try and get a doctors appointment, I hope you feel better and thank you for your reply x

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:21:53

** being sick on the food. Sorry lol i have a toddler jumping on me haha. I'm sorry you've been suffering all this time. I was admitted by 7 weeks and that was bad enough. You poor woman sad xx

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:23:45

Yeah you have hyperemesis sweetpea. It's horrendous I know. You need to see your gp, book an emergency app and dont leave until you get medication, if your keytones are over 3+ you need to be admitted to hospital, but don't worry it might only be for the day.

ColourfulOrangex Wed 01-Feb-17 12:40:14

I've managed to book an appointment for tomorrow, it was the earliest they had as I had seen the midwife today they said if it was that serious she would've done something there and then sad thank you for replying so quickly I'm just going to rest for the rest of the day and try to eat whatever I can x

user1485706893 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:45:48

That's good that you have an appointment tomorrow. Just remember to not leave without medication, and ask the gp to check your keytones, 3+ you go to hospital. I know I'm making a deal of it but I didnt have any help for 4 weeks and the hospital were mad that I didnt get help sooner and youve been suffering for weeks longer than me. Good luck with everything x

ColourfulOrangex Wed 01-Feb-17 14:16:45

Thank you I really appreciate the help, sometimes it helps more when someone has been through it themselves x

HaylJay Wed 01-Feb-17 22:10:43

Have you asked your GP whether there is any nutriotanla drinks they can prescribe you?
I have the same problem and wondered about asking my GP
Do you think taking in food through liquid would help at all?
Lots of milk or blending foods?
Or is it just the sickness? That you are bringing food back up sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now