Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9+3 and brown spotting - please reassure me :(

(18 Posts)
SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 01-Feb-17 00:08:47

I have just discovered a little brown spotting after going to the toilet - I know this can be common and nothing to worry about but coupled with the fact I just have not felt pregnant at all I am worrying.
I have a private scan booked already for Thursday morning which I was already nervous about, now I'm feeling even more scared about what they'll find sad

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 01-Feb-17 01:14:01

This happened in both my pregnancies, with nothing further happening as a result. I think it's fairly common, and brown blood is old blood which is less of a worry than bright red blood iyswim. Hopefully the scan will reassure you.

Ookmybanana Wed 01-Feb-17 08:07:38

I also had brown spotting and it scared the bejesus out of me because of a previous miscarriage. I was sure on several occasions that it was all over. I phoned my local early pregnancy unit and they arranged for me to have a scan at 7ish weeks. All was well. Am now at 14+6. My spotting stopped at 10 weeks.
flowers

littlehelp Wed 01-Feb-17 08:10:01

Could of wrote this post myself although I had cramps and red blood last night

And now nothing I tried booking in for private scan but nothing for ages grrrr

Hopefully you'all get your reassurance on Thursday not long to wait keep us posted xx

BecauseICanandIwill Wed 01-Feb-17 09:48:52

If you even have the slightest concerns contact your midwife - she will advise an early pregnancy assessment and you can get a scan to check everything is ok. Cramping and fresh blood in combination is a concern. Darker blood without cramping is a normal symptom of early pregnancy. But still be reassured by your midwife.

MissMooMoo Wed 01-Feb-17 09:49:15

It sounds like it is old blood, please try not to worry.
I am glad you have a scanned booked to put your mind at rest.

BecauseICanandIwill Wed 01-Feb-17 09:50:00

Littlehelp you shouldn't need a private scan to check everything us ok there should be a local early pregnancy unit near you who will scan to check everything is ok, contact ur midwife as soon as you can!

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 01-Feb-17 10:43:08

I haven't felt positive about this pregnancy from the start, I've had no pregnancy symptoms and just can't shake this feeling that something is wrong. It's so bad I haven't even bothered to book in with my midwife because I'm convinced there's no point.
Brown discharge no better or worse this morning although it now has darker brown stringy bits (beautiful). Just sit it out till my scan tomorrow I suppose!

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 01-Feb-17 11:01:10

Do book in with the midwife, otherwise you might miss out on dating scans etc. I know it's hard to be hopeful, but you are pregnant and brown spotting is really common.

SkyLucy Wed 01-Feb-17 11:17:02

I had brown spotting at 6 weeks. I phoned the GP (I had informed her earlier that I was pregnant but hadn't yet been assigned a midwife) and she gave me a referral to the EPU (early pregnancy unit). I had an internal scan, they could see where the bleed had come from, but they could also see a heartbeat. I'm now due in 13 days.

TBH it sounds like you have a few different worries/emotions going on. I recommend a chat with your GP - they can refer you to your EPU if necessary and talk more generally about the process of managing pregnancy in your area, which might reassure you and help you work out next steps.

Best of luck flowers

hopsalong Wed 01-Feb-17 11:20:43

I have had brown spotting (more than spotting really) in both pregnancies and red gushing bleeding in this one. They couldn't ever see any reason for the spotting on the scan. The red bleeding was caused by a hematoma. Found it hard to believe at the time, but most pregnancies with hematomas don't miscarry! Of course, you'll have to see on scan, but some spotting/bleeding isn't abnormal at all.

oliversmummy26 Wed 01-Feb-17 11:37:12

Spun I have had brown spotting throughout this pregnancy since before i had my bfp, I'm now 8+4.

I had initially put it down to implantation, then later it seemed to coincide with dtd, so have stopped that. I has really scared me too! I had a scan on Monday morning though and everything was absolutely fine. No reason for the bleeding.

Sonographer did say that brown blood is old blood so rarely something to worry about, which is what I'd told myself really too. When I had my mmc it was completely different and was pink/red from the beginning. The brown stringy bits you're getting are probably the tail end of it, I've been ahving the same.

I still get some sometimes when I wipe, but seeing a heartbeat on Monday did reassure me. Good luck for your scan I'm sure everything will be fine.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 01-Feb-17 11:42:32

Thank you for all your reassuring messages ladies, I'm feeling a lot better about it now. I'm not experiencing any pain or cramps so I'm just going to take it easy today smile

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 01-Feb-17 13:48:11

It's got worse, I'm off to a+e

harleysmammy Wed 01-Feb-17 13:54:59

I had bleeding from 8 to 16 weeks. Im 27 weeks now and everything is fine, ive been told by a pretty few doctors that brown is old so it could be just your old cycle or old implantation x

littlehelp Wed 01-Feb-17 19:32:27

How have you got op I'm sat in A&E myself flowers

SpunBodgeSquarepants Wed 01-Feb-17 19:56:22

Was only in a+e half an hour before I was seen! Bloody miracle. All they did was test my wee for infection (there was none) and now I have to wait for a phone call from epau to go in for a scan in the next few days. So I'm none the wiser, but I don't feel it's good news. Boobs are not sore at all anymore, and have moderated cramps as well as steady dark red bleeding. Time will tell. Hope all goes well for you littlehelp x

littlehelp Wed 01-Feb-17 20:46:56

Same here got to go back for a scan tomorrow see what the outcome is, tbh I've not felt pregnant this time round just feels like af is here with those cramps bloody annoying not knowing however I'm like you don't think it's a positive outcome xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now