Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these symptoms normal to pregnancy??

(11 Posts)
Checkthisout Tue 31-Jan-17 22:33:18

So on and off all day, I've suddenly gone light headed as if my mind has left the room!

Have not experienced this once during my pregnancy

Also, I've JUST been led here doing nothing and out of no where I've got a pounding headache!

It takes a hell of a lot to get headaches, haven't had one in around 3-4 months

Finally, I have been getting the most horrendous ringing in my right ear, I do suffer with tinnitus however I've had it for years & it's more of a thumping than ringing, it hasn't ever changed.

Does this sound normal?!

Checkthisout Tue 31-Jan-17 22:33:38

Oh & im 30 weeks pregnant on Friday

Pinkkahori Tue 31-Jan-17 22:35:02

Could it be high blood pressure? Any swelling?

Checkthisout Tue 31-Jan-17 22:40:40

I've absolutely no swelling in the obvious places, however I seem to be gaining weight even though I've reduced my diet

FuzzyOwl Tue 31-Jan-17 22:45:34

Lightheadedness and horrific headaches were two of my only pregnancy symptoms last year. Always worth mentioning anything that worries you to your midwife though.

Checkthisout Tue 31-Jan-17 22:54:14

I'm seeing her on 14th Feb, il let her know then if u remember.

DirtyDancing Wed 01-Feb-17 22:27:38

I am 28 weeks and suddenly feel light headed a lot, coming over hot all of a sudden and just not 'quite there'

I think it's all the blood rushing around us!! It's a scary feeling as I feel bit out of control in some ways

HopeAndJoy16 Thu 02-Feb-17 10:23:19

I would phone the community midwife or hospital day unit today if you're suffering from headaches, it might be worth getting your blood pressure checked and urine tested for protein. Especially if you don't normally suffer from headaches that severe! Xx

ateapotandacake Thu 02-Feb-17 13:04:00

Please call the midwife or the hospital today. Headaches and lightheadedness at 30 weeks pregnant need to be investigated.

ateapotandacake Thu 02-Feb-17 13:04:29

Please don't wait until the 14th!

arbrighton Thu 02-Feb-17 13:18:34

+1 for get checked asap

Pounding headache can be a sign of pre-eclampsia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now