Talk

Advanced search

Breathlessness

(8 Posts)
chelle85 Tue 31-Jan-17 16:00:29

I am currently 11w 4d amd have been really struggling this last week or so with intermittent breathlessness. I am still going to exercise classes at the gym and seem to do fine when I am there with heart raye in normal ranges. But othet days I can walk up the stairs and be out of breath and heart rate up to 100 (my resting heart rate is around 60). I also find I struggle to fill my lungs. Given baby is still tiny I dread to think what my breathing will be like at 38 weeks if I am struggling now.

I had bloods done at 8 weeks and haven't heard back that there was anything wrong e g anaemia

Is this normal or should I consult my midwife/gp?

mamahibou Tue 31-Jan-17 16:06:06

I'd go and see the GP. I had anaemia in pregnancy that caused ridiculous breathlessness by 20 weeks. Was exhausted just trying to walk up a flight of stairs. Also worth getting them to check that it's not anything non-pregnancy related.

Spam88 Tue 31-Jan-17 16:22:11

I was really breathless early on, but it's actually eased off a bit now (currently 24 weeks).

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 31-Jan-17 16:23:58

Anaemia causes breathlessness. My bloods changed quite radically at 12, 20 and 30 weeks and I had to take lots of iron supplements x

Alicekeach Tue 31-Jan-17 16:36:00

I had breathlessness and it turned out to be a symptom of pre eclampsia. Please get checked out!

Sparklyuggs Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:37

I went to see the GP about this, very similar to you. I'm 14+4 and pulse is over 100. It can just be your body changing but it can be anaemia or something else.

chelle85 Tue 31-Jan-17 18:30:42

Alice - I thought pre eclampsia was later on in pregnancy and was to do with high blood pressure? My bp is fine and my resting pulse rate is normal its just that some days even slight exertion puts my heart rate up quicker than I'd usually expect and I feel out of breath. I sometimes feel like I can't fill my lungs fully when I breath in even at rest. But I did a full hour in Body Attack yesterday and felt fine. It seems to come and go.

I wi give midwife a ring in the morning and see what she says. I have my 12wk scan on Monday so will mention it at that aswell

LaraG13 Tue 31-Jan-17 21:52:39

I was very breathless early on in pregnancy, but it eased off later. I was healthy and exercising lots pre pregnancy but i found myself getting out of breath just walking up a slight incline some days. I had a normal healthy pregnancy. Obviously best to get it checked, but for me it was just a part of pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now