Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ok have bfp but can't remember any of the pregnancy stuff from last time - help!

(9 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 26-Feb-07 13:09:07

Totally unexpected bfp at w/e as it took well over 2 yrs to conceive dd (who is now 13 mths). I was hyper-cautious over all sorts of things last time but now can't remember what. Can anyone remind me of anything I should think about e.g. I jumped in a lovely hot bath on the w/e and dh pointed out that he was sure I didn't do that when last pg. Also, when am I supposed to contact the doctor to get in the system for scans etc?

twoplusone Mon 26-Feb-07 13:27:57

congratulations..

I contacted my drs a few days after my bfp.. to get on the system for scans etc and booked my booking in appointment for mw which I had at 8weeks
tbh.. I have always had baths the same temperature pg or not..

MrsBadger Mon 26-Feb-07 13:32:40

Congratulations!

Ring GP surgery any time now - they might not even need to see you before getting you into the system.

Hot baths are fine IIRC because they cool as you're in them - hot tubs and saunas that are constantly heated are less good.

Um, what else...
No booze, no fags, no paté, no soft cheese, no swordfish, keep the coffee intake reasonable and get DH to change the cat litter - I think that's most of the salient points...

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 13:34:08

Swordfish, MrsB? That's a new one - why is that?

Miaou Mon 26-Feb-07 13:34:15

Congrats mrsfogi

Try babycentre for info on things, they're quite good. The bath thing my dh always reminds me about - I think you aren't supposed to have them too hot (partic. in first trimester) as it can raise your core body temperature, which isn't ideal. Ditto saunas etc.

I would get an appointment with your gp and let them know you are pg - it's a good idea to get into the "system" asap especially if you live in a high-density area (eg south east) as there are more demands on healthcare down there.

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 13:34:32

(am just being nosey, btw, not pregnant or trying).

MrsBadger Mon 26-Feb-07 13:42:19

oh, mercury and heavy metals I think - swordfish, shark etc which eat other fish have higher levels than cod, salmon etc which eat algae and plankton.

good yes/no food lists here

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 13:43:48

Ah - thanks.

Creena Mon 26-Feb-07 13:58:33

Congratulations, MrsFogi!

I don't think that you need to worry about the hot baths too much (for the reasons already helpfully given). I'd just suggest making an appointment with your GP for any time from now on, so that you can 'get into the system' as it were and arrange your booking in appointment. You'll get all the usual booklets and info at your booking in appointment, which I'm sure will jog your memory!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now