Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Spd?

(4 Posts)
LJD0407 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:18:20

Im 25 weeks pregnant and I have been getting a lot of pain between my legs that occasionally travels to my right hip. It is worse if I am walking any distance or going up stairs? Does this sound like spd? If so any advice on what I can do to help ease the discomfort?

phoebe2016 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:32:04

Hi LJ, yes that sounds like spd. I have the same problems. First started with pain at night time which felt like it was in my hips, but over the past week ive developed a deep pain inside inbetween legs, as soon as i go to stand up or walk about. Its horrible and i felt like crying the other day. Dr has prescribed cocodamol for the pain and ive now been referred for physio. I think they usually give you a support belt to wear, exercises and if it gets really bad then they give you crutches. I would give your midwife a call and get a referral x

phoebe2016 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:32:49

I'm 19 + 6 by the way. It started early for me!

HughLauriesStubble Tue 31-Jan-17 14:47:58

If the pain is in your pubic bone then I've a good but strange sounding tip to help ease it:
Wet and freeze some sanitary towels, then put one on a knickers and put it on over your own knickers. Lovely and soothing smile Failing that, I find that ice packs on the area really help, especially when I first lie down in bed at night.

I've had a few bad spd flare ups between 18 and 25 weeks but thankfully mine has settled down to low level pain now. I got a pelvic support belt from my physio which is good when the pain is very bad, and I also use a crutch to help me in and out of bed or up and down from a chair if I'm having a flare up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: