Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spd?

(4 Posts)
LJD0407 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:18:20

Im 25 weeks pregnant and I have been getting a lot of pain between my legs that occasionally travels to my right hip. It is worse if I am walking any distance or going up stairs? Does this sound like spd? If so any advice on what I can do to help ease the discomfort?

phoebe2016 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:32:04

Hi LJ, yes that sounds like spd. I have the same problems. First started with pain at night time which felt like it was in my hips, but over the past week ive developed a deep pain inside inbetween legs, as soon as i go to stand up or walk about. Its horrible and i felt like crying the other day. Dr has prescribed cocodamol for the pain and ive now been referred for physio. I think they usually give you a support belt to wear, exercises and if it gets really bad then they give you crutches. I would give your midwife a call and get a referral x

phoebe2016 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:32:49

I'm 19 + 6 by the way. It started early for me!

HughLauriesStubble Tue 31-Jan-17 14:47:58

If the pain is in your pubic bone then I've a good but strange sounding tip to help ease it:
Wet and freeze some sanitary towels, then put one on a knickers and put it on over your own knickers. Lovely and soothing smile Failing that, I find that ice packs on the area really help, especially when I first lie down in bed at night.

I've had a few bad spd flare ups between 18 and 25 weeks but thankfully mine has settled down to low level pain now. I got a pelvic support belt from my physio which is good when the pain is very bad, and I also use a crutch to help me in and out of bed or up and down from a chair if I'm having a flare up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now