Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?? More swish not kick??

(9 Posts)
Checkthisout Mon 30-Jan-17 20:45:59

So my baby seems to do rolls and swishes rather than actual kicks.

Is this normal??

Kelsey28 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:46:54

My baby does lots of swishes. Not sure of that's normal but you aren't the one one!

Kelsey28 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:47:51

Only one. Stupid phone.

Mustbeinsane1984 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:55:18

Sounds about right I think! I know a lot of people say you can not feel anything but I had this from around 9-11 weeks. Even though it wasn't kicks it was like gentle swishing inside very low down. Not stretching like uterus growing but just like tumbling inside with water. Almost like a feeling when you are nervous or excited. smile

girlelephant Mon 30-Jan-17 20:55:58

I had that

firsttimemum15 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:57:02

Hi used to feel "waves"

But do not hesitate to get things checked if you have anything niggling you.

Brackla Mon 30-Jan-17 20:59:32

Definitely normal. During both my pregnancies I felt like a fish was swimming in there for many weeks until more single, clear movements were felt. At 33w my baby still makes swooshing, twisting movements as well as the kicks/punches that are typically mentioned, sometimes fine, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes a bit motion-sickness-like!

drinkyourmilk Mon 30-Jan-17 21:10:55

I'm 31 weeks and the majority of my movements are swishes. Perfectly normal, though like you I was nervous and checked with my midwife.

Checkthisout Mon 30-Jan-17 21:14:19

Oh thank f!ck for that! I'm 30 weeks on Friday....was a lot of kicks but now much more swishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now