Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating pregnancy and exercise classes?

(11 Posts)
Sapphire1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 11:22:34

Hi folks,

I'm newly pregnant - have done due date calculator and it comes up with 3 weeks pregnant and conception date of (around) 21st January. I know it is dated from 1st day of last AF, but do I say I am 3 weeks pregnant (or less)?

Also, I go to the gym a lot (particularly Body Pump and spinning classes). When is it best to tell my instructors?

Thanks so much,

Saph xx

Sapphire1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 11:37:35

P.S. Sorry if these are silly questions - this is all very new to me! smile xx

MouseLove Mon 30-Jan-17 11:53:05

So you're only 8DPO? If so you ideally need to wait until you're past when AF is due to be certain of a positive pregnancy.

X

Sapphire1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:14:24

Hi Mouse, thanks for your reply. I'm actually 12DPO. First day of last AF was 7th January and I think I ovulated on the 18th (of not a little before). Have had quite clear lines on pregnancy tests since 9DPO, and am attaching a pic of the one from this morning. AF due at the end of the week... xx

HellsBellsK Mon 30-Jan-17 12:36:49

Hi Sapphire,

Congratulations! I would say going by the date of your last AF you would be 3w 2d now.

I told the gym once I got my positive test. Just so they are aware. You can do what you have done before in the gym but keep and eye on your heart rate and don't over heat.

Sapphire1983 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:41:43

Thanks very much, Hells. So very exciting! smile xx

raviolidreaming Mon 30-Jan-17 18:44:42

I didn't tell my gym instructors until I was 15 weeks, as that was the earliest I told anyone. I just worked within a level I found comfortable.

Twinnypops Mon 30-Jan-17 19:29:28

Best to have a word with your instructors now so they don't push you too hard or make you do anything you shouldn't.

babynelly2010 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:03:34

Told spinning instructor around 13 weeks. Was a bit strange I think he did not care. I asked front desk if I need to tell gym officially they said no just beware of your own exercise and tell instructors. I continued going and did not tell but they srarted noticing.

uptown8617 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:50:17

I do yoga and spinning. I told my yoga teacher at 4 weeks as there's certain things you shouldn't do and she could guide me. I've only just told my spinning instructor at 24 weeks. I probably should have told them sooner but as you're in control of your own workout I didn't feel the need. I took it slightly easier during the first trimester so I didn't get as hot but now I'm just back to normal levels and it's been fine so far.

Sapphire1983 Tue 31-Jan-17 06:29:17

Thank you Ravioli, Twinny, Babynelly and Uptown - it's really helpful to hear of your experiences! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now