Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have I just misscarried :( **Trigger warning - upsetting photographs. Warning added by MNHQ**

(28 Posts)
Dadswell22 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:20:01

Sorry for this post but I'm really not sure what's going on!

On the 22nd of December I had the depo injection, I'm not to sure if me and my partner left it long enough before we were safe to have unprotected sex ( I know we should have used a condom!!)
I have had really bad mood swings, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches.

Anyways the pain started 4 days ago 27th of Jan and random bleeding, but very heavy bleeding.
The cramps have been unbearable and doubled me over but they come and go! I've also had a massive increase of discharge very watery.
This morning 30th I thought I was having a contraction and was doubled over in pain. I went to the loo and this (will add a picture) is what came out! It was covered in blood but I had to get it out the loo and wipe it to see what it was.

The pain and blood is still there and very strong.

FellOutOfBed2wice Mon 30-Jan-17 09:25:35

I have no experience with miscarriage but I've had some shocking periods with sickness and contractions ... however none with anything like that coming out.

Dadswell22 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:28:25

I also suffer with bad periods and I too have never, ever had anything like this come out!

Heirhelp Mon 30-Jan-17 09:34:48

I have had a miscarriage but I passed nothing like that. You need to see a doctor and take your 'sample' with you. L

zambean Mon 30-Jan-17 09:37:00

Oh god, hideous. I had this happen to me, and thought i had miscarried too, but came to the conclusion it was not a miscarriage, but a decidual cast:

www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/body/health/news/a40525/period-decidual-cast-gross-af/

www.thedebrief.co.uk/sex/sex-stories/decidual-cast-what-is-it-20160161015

Basically, it is when the uterus lining thickens so much you end up shedding it all in one go, in a big thick tissuey mass. Absolutely gross. I found mine in my pants in the loo of a Virgin train 😷

I think hormonal contraception causes it - in my case, I had run a couple of packs of the pill together, and then accidentally missed a pill, and then when my period eventually came it as agony. I felt really poorly and had terrible period pain, and then passed this.

You will be fine, I was. It's just a very bad weird period.

zambean Mon 30-Jan-17 09:39:01

I didn't see a doctor or anything, by the way, and I was absolutely fine. If you're being cautious, you might want to see the doctor. Especially since you've just started on the depo injection. But hopefully this is just a weird side effect of your body getting used to it and it settling down, and fingers crossed it won't happen again.

HellsBellsK Mon 30-Jan-17 09:44:51

I had something similar also - rang my doctor and she said the same as Zambean .
I was doubled over in pain at the time could just about make it up the stairs went to the loo and found something like that also. Pain eased by the following day.
If you are worried may be give the doctor a ring.

LeSquigh Mon 30-Jan-17 10:36:50

My miscarriage did not look like that. Wrong shape and colour.

Dadswell22 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:01:35

I had lost clots a few days before which were dark fresh blood and thin and long... I just really don't know what this could be

SarcasmMode Mon 30-Jan-17 12:08:37

It does seem like womb lining.

I'd get it checked if you are still bleeding?

How heavy is it now?

Dadswell22 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:21:52

It's on and off but when it's on I'm going through a tampon at least every half hour. Cramping and lower back pain too

HellsBellsK Mon 30-Jan-17 12:30:28

I was the same with going through tampons and pads had to wear them together. I cant describe the pain it was so bad, Solpadeine and Neuofen didnt touch the pain.
If you are worried though go to the doctor. It will put your mind at rest -

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 30-Jan-17 12:33:44

I think the advice is to seek help if you're going through a pad an hour.

Libbylove2015 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:34:01

I have passed things like this many times when not pregnant - I just had horrific periods which were really heavy.

Mooey89 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:38:18

OP after the recent test where the OP was going through a pad an hour and nearly died, please seek medical help just to be safe.

FrizzBombDelight Mon 30-Jan-17 12:42:16

When I came off the pill I passed a big solid jelly blob like that, apparently it was something to do with mucus but I always suspected it was something more sad

jld128 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:27:26

defo don't ignore go and see doc and use a pad not a tampon in case dr needs to see hope all is ok

i had a miscarriage and defo did not look like that

Dadswell22 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:01:14

Thank you everyone, apologies again for the graphic photos.
I have a doctors appointment later.

zambean Mon 30-Jan-17 14:21:21

It's definitely a decidual cast. Mine looked exactly like that. I had bad period pains for a day or two and then it was gone.

SarcasmMode Mon 30-Jan-17 16:07:58

If you're bleeding enough to soak a tampon or pad in an hour good idea to get it seen to. Good luck with doctors.

Take sample in - they'll have seen a lot worse!

Oblomov17 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:18:43

Blimey. Hope you are ok OP. I've never seen such a thick bit. Hope you seen a health professional by now.

buzzmoon Mon 30-Jan-17 16:22:46

Hope you're okay and your appointment was fine!

HollyJollyDillydolly Mon 30-Jan-17 16:25:27

Hope all is OK op.

ColourfulOrangex Mon 30-Jan-17 16:46:30

Hope everything is oki OP

staywoke Mon 30-Jan-17 18:10:00

Thinking of you OP! Hope all is well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now