Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity lingerie

(15 Posts)
Natasha80 Mon 30-Jan-17 08:18:42

Hi I am a new mum and have been out looking for decent looking maternity bras and even nice briefs to match but I'm struggling to find any! What are your thoughts on maternity underwear and where do you shop?? Help!

user1468957349 Mon 30-Jan-17 10:41:07

I've had all mine from mothercare. Nothing is overly glamorous but relatively decent matching sets. You just end up paying the earth for them! X

LeBoob Mon 30-Jan-17 11:22:02

Hot milk do a range

Natasha80 Mon 30-Jan-17 18:56:04

Thanks both smile And do you recommend underwired? I'm worried about support, I've been recommended sports type sleep bras

AreWeThereYet000 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:46:32

You're not meant to wear underwired when pregnant that's why mat bras are all wire free, something to do with potentially damaging milk ducts I believe but not 100% xx

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 30-Jan-17 19:51:03

I just buy regular non-wired bra's.
I don't find there's any point spending out for "maternity" bra's until needing nursing bra's with the drop down cup.

GummyGoddess Mon 30-Jan-17 19:51:23

Depends on your size, but there are no non underwire maternity bras for 32 i! I think as long as it's not overly tight you should be fine.

pinkcandyflossy Mon 30-Jan-17 19:59:57

I think the whole no under wired thing is an old wives tale. I wear my under wired bras for the day and then at night these kind of things

black

berry

They are super comfy and look great with the matching pants

marriednotdead Mon 30-Jan-17 20:12:46

Yep, the non wired thing is nonsense. Underwires are never supposed to be on your breast tissue anyway so you just make sure whatever you get fits you well/comfortably and lifts your breasts as far off your bump s possible during pregnancy.
Hotmilk do good pretty sets but whatever you decide, make sure you get fitted properly.

Natasha80 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:36:58

Thank you everyone for your advice! Pinkcandyflossy love that idea, really pretty bralettes....I've seen the most awful looking nursing bras. Just because I'm pregnant it shouldn't mean I need to wear ugly lingerie!!

empirerecordsrocked Mon 30-Jan-17 20:38:25

The nothing wrong with wires as long as they fit correctly.

pinkcandyflossy Mon 30-Jan-17 21:51:14

natasha absolutely! The ones I've seen are all thick straps, some kind of beige colour and are sure to transform our round nice looking pregnancy boobs into unsupported, old lady ones - no thanks!

I've also a few funky sports bras too that I wear under a racer back vest for a different super comfy weekend look smile

Blueskyrain Tue 31-Jan-17 09:59:31

I'm 20 weeks and so far in normal underwear . The maternity stuff is way too frumpy for my liking, so I'm hoping I can hold out. Seriously, it's like the designers think that as soon as you're pregnant you turn into your grandmother. Utterly depressing.

Natasha80 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:31:00

Blueskyrain agreed! New Look have a maternity range I wasn't aware of, you should have a look smile

Natasha80 Thu 09-Feb-17 08:24:57

Morning smile finally managed to find myself a nice set but was hard with all the 2packs in stores!! Is it better to settle on a 2 pack and let it last me??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now