Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus plug?

(5 Posts)
Melmam Sun 29-Jan-17 19:05:24

Hi all this is my second pregnancy but I dont remember losing my mucus plug with my first and I was induced so I didnt naturally go into labour. So to the point sorry if tmi is involved I am 34wks and when I was at my appoinments on thursday I was told the babys head was right down ive been getting quite alot of pressure too this didnt happen with my first until I was about 38 weeks. Ive been wearing pads for awhile now incause of anything and today I had like a gewie mucus thing on my pad when I went to the toiled it wasnt the normal discharge could this be the start of losing my plug?? When did you loose yours is this a sign of impeding labour if you could share your experience thanks

CheshireSplat Sun 29-Jan-17 19:07:39

I think it usually the start... How exciting!! Though maybe a little earlier than you were expecting. With DD2 my contractions started about 8 hours afterwards... But everyone is different. Don't remember losing it with DD1.

Letsgetreadytorumbleagain Sun 29-Jan-17 19:14:36

I started to lose my mucus plug at 32 weeks, continued until 35 weeks when I lost the remainder. I didn't go in labour until 40+2 so everyone is different flowers

Melmam Sun 29-Jan-17 20:54:53

Im so ready not to be pregnant anymore but would much prefer if he stayed tight until at least 37 weeks I still think its too early maybe its all the running round im doing after my 14 month old too I have been experiencing alot of braxton hicks lately I really just dont know what to expect as this is the first time I will naturally be going into labour..

CheshireSplat Mon 30-Jan-17 20:20:12

How are things going, Melmam?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now