Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My baby always manages to end up width ways in his cot!!

(11 Posts)
piglet06 Mon 26-Feb-07 09:24:24

Help!! Any ideas to help baby stay in the same sort of position when sleeping in his cot? He seems to always end of width ways which worries me!! Or should I not be worried? Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks x

tissy Mon 26-Feb-07 09:26:37

My dd used to do this and it never seemed to bother her!

Having said that, we found that if we "narrowed the cot by rolling a couple of cellular blankets into sausages and laying them down the sides of the cot, it seemed to stop her!

BettySpaghetti Mon 26-Feb-07 09:29:53

Both of mine have done this -in fact they seemed to do several laps of the cot!

If you checked them at various stages of the evening you could never tell where they would be -upside down, sideways, top/bottom of cot....

I wouldn't worry about it. Put him in a sleeping bag and it will just travel with him so he doesn't get cold.

DizzyBint Mon 26-Feb-07 09:42:50

is he in blankets or a sleeping bag? dd used to twist round and around and end up with legs hanging out of the bars until we put her in a bag then she stayed still.

GillL Mon 26-Feb-07 10:54:34

I wouldn't worry. As soon as my dd was able to roll over she spent the entire night changing position. She's nearly 2 now and still changes position throughout the night. We have never been able to keep a blanket on her so used a sleeping bag and now a fleecy sleep suit to keep her warm.

burstingbug Mon 26-Feb-07 11:10:30

DS1 was always a squirmer in his cot, we put him in a gro bag as he hated covers anyway. He turned 2 last week and we have ditched the gro bag - finally and he's got a big boys duvet with cars, tractors and trucks on. He's fine with that, altough still a squirmy sleeper!
DS2 on the other hand (6mths) is totally the opposite! He stays in the same place all night and is fine with covers on him, so we're not bothering with any gro bags for him.

midnightexpress Mon 26-Feb-07 11:10:58

mine too! I used to get paranoid because as soon as he could roll over (3m) he used to roll onto his tummy to sleep as soon as we put him down - none of the stuff about SIDS tells you this! Anyway, now 15 months and still twirls about all night. one of his faves is lying on tum with bum sticking up in the air. I no longer worry about it. As the others suggest, sleeping bag will keep him warm.

Lucycat Mon 26-Feb-07 11:14:19

Mine too, and now she's 3.10 she still ends up sideways draped over her bed!

mind you I sleep diagonally across our bed so perhaps it's hereditary?

Does it wake your ds up?

foxinsocks Mon 26-Feb-07 11:17:46

just be warned that they may not like the grobag

both mine were wrigglers and hated the fact that the grobag stopped them being able to squirm around - they looked like they had been put in straight jackets and hated them!

pucca Mon 26-Feb-07 11:19:27

My ds still does this despite the rolled blanket! and tucked in blankets...nightmare and not much you can do imo.

Frenchsmallfry Mon 26-Feb-07 11:24:26

Don't worry about it, the point is that if they are able to get themselves into that posistion they are normally able to get out of it too. The growbag is good idea to keep them warm if they are happy in one. My dd is 19 mths and at night refuses to go to bed without it on. She is always in a differnt position, on tummy across cot with arms out of bars is a favorite of her's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now