Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathless at 14+4 weeks

(8 Posts)
Dudleygirl85 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:47:49

Hiya I was just wondering if it's normal to feel so breathless at 14+4 wks? I can't remember ever feeling like this with my other dc so I'm a bit worried. Every time I've stood up to only walk into the kitchen or to the toilet I feel like I've been running up the stair or something. I've been sick also because of how breathless I was at one point.

HawkeyeInConfusion Sun 29-Jan-17 18:54:44

I would suggest phoning your maternity unit for advice. It is probably nothing, but breathlessness is one of the symptoms of a pulmonary embolism.

Musicaltheatremum Sun 29-Jan-17 18:58:37

You need to be seen. PE is under diagnosed. Not saying that's what it is but you shouldn't be that breathless.

Flingmoo Sun 29-Jan-17 19:02:09

If you are concerned you should speak to a doctor.

However, some amount of breathlessness is normal due to changes in your lungs, blood etc, which begin early in pregnancy.

I definitely feel breathless walking upstairs etc and I would say it was worst during the first trimester.

Flingmoo Sun 29-Jan-17 19:05:14

See info here, which I found reassuring and helpful

Sparklyuggs Sun 29-Jan-17 19:11:54

I went to the GP about this earlier in the week and I'm 14 weeks. They did bloods and an ECG but said if it was clear it was due to increased blood volume and my heart and lungs having to work harder. Definitely get it checked though as it could be something else.

ConvincingLiar Sun 29-Jan-17 19:29:00

A bit of breathlessness can be due to anaemia. Mine has improved since I've taken spatone consistently.

Dudleygirl85 Sun 29-Jan-17 20:35:50

Thanks for all your replies. From looking at the symptoms of anemia I have them all so I'll be defo popping to the doctors tomorrow. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now