Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible ectopic :(

(9 Posts)
user1485706893 Sun 29-Jan-17 16:27:19

Hey everyone, so a bit of backstory to fill you in. I knew I was pregnant by 2 weeks as my partner and I was trying and I got the usual really sore breast symptom which was key in my first (healthy) pregnancy too.
Anyway, by week 3 I kept getting severe pain in my left ovary,
by week 4 I was sent to a&e where the "right departments" wouldn't see me in person as I was so early on. The a&e nurse diagnosed me with a possible ectopic and even if it wasn't my hormone levels were so low that I would unfortunately miscarry very soon.
She told me to get a blood test the next week to check my hormone levels and sent me on my way.
I had to beg my gp surgery to give me a blood test, but in the end I got one and the results were just marked as "normal".

Fast forward to 7 weeks and everything seemed ok but I was admitted to hospital with severe hyperemesis. After the right treatments I was sent home and everything seems ok apart from the hyperemesis of course.

I have had no pain since 5 weeks.

Now, my cat just casually walked over my left ovary, and I cried out in pain, a minute later I pressed the same spot and the same thing happened. Now I'm worried I could still be having an ectopic, surely that isn't normal?

My SIL kept getting severe pain and it was all fine but not when she pressed the spot lightly. And my other SIL nearly died of a ruptured ectopic last year so it's on my radar I guess. I have a gp app on tuesday for HG meds so i'll ask then but now I'm really scared. Please help x

Mouse14 Sun 29-Jan-17 16:40:16

Sorry you're having such a thought time!

Could it be a cyst on your ovary? Apparently they're quite normal in the early weeks, they can develop when the egg is released. They should be gone by 12 weeks.

I had pains at 6 weeks and my GP sent me to the EPU for an emergency scan, to rule out an etopic. Luckily nothing was found and that's what they diagnosed. It was gone by 12 weeks and I'm pain free now.

Good luck! X

kikibo Sun 29-Jan-17 16:55:24

I would insist on a scan and refuse to leave. You could lose a tube, or worse die, from this if they don't deal with it properly by ruling it out completely.

It is a disgrace to leave someone with a 'possible ectopic' pregnancy, especially as it's so terribly easy to rule out with a 5-minute ultrasound.

Though I'm crossing my fingers it's not, obviously. Good luck.

user1485706893 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:06:24

I never thought about it being a cyst. With any luck that's what it is. I don't know how much more I can take with this pregnancy, it's one thing after another after another, I mean, obviously I will take it all and then some, it's just getting to me. Thanks a lot for both your advice, I'm very grateful for it.

armsandtheman Sun 29-Jan-17 19:49:09

Please get it checked out. An ectopic can rupture and kill you. Mine was very painful and would come and go. It was over one side and a stabbing pain. It would come on it's own so hopefully the fact you need an external pressure will mean it's not. I had emergency surgery and a tube removed but they caught it before it ruptured so was ok. You can't see the scars now.

If it is you could try asking them to check for endometriosis while they're sorting it. I had to have a second op for this and they were v similar procedures.

Hope it's nothing in your case but do get checked out.

Hanban16 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:01:00

Hi there

I suffered a ectopic pregnancy in November. I too was taken to hospital with awful pains and was discharged the next day (after they had done a internal scan and found nothing) 3 days later I was rushed back in to hospital and straight in to surgery as they had missed the ectopic pregnancy in the first scan and unfortunately my tube ruptured. If your are concerned I would try calling the epau and explaining. It's is extremely disappointing that things like this are so easily swept under the curtain. We have recently found out we are expecting again and have a scan tomorrow (around 7 weeks) so fingers crossed! Thinking of you xxx

MouseLove Mon 30-Jan-17 14:05:26

I think It's totally a cyst. I have one. We can be cyst buddies. Seriously though, try not to worry. If you're not having any more pain and no bleeding that's a really good thing. Your HCG is lovely and normal. Have you seen your midwife yet? Maybe mention it to her when you see her? X

Shainamarpia Mon 30-Jan-17 20:21:14

I thought I could possibly have an ectopic pregnancy as I was having pain like a bad stitch on and off in one side. I panicked and went to my early pregnancy unit as I was bleeding also and it turned out to be a cyst. They said it's very common for women to get cysts on the ovary they ovulated from. You should contact your local early pregnancy unit for an early scan. Hope all goes well smile

user1485706893 Tue 31-Jan-17 12:15:54

I had the doctors this morning, I had to badger her for a scan because she didn't even realise they could scan you at 7-8 weeks..? Lol. I have one on thurs morning though. The pain's come back last couple of days, same place and same sharp stabbing pain it was before. I know it's probably a cyst but i'll be glad when all this is over with! So tired of being pregnant now :/. Thanks for all your help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now