Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had BFN and then gone on to have BFP !!!

(16 Posts)
sweetbean Mon 26-Feb-07 08:03:05

My af is due tommorow and i did a pergnancy test yesterday so 2 days before af due and it was bfn !!!
so just wondered if anyone else has had a bfn and then gone on to have a bfp a couple of days later after af is late or if i really am not pregnant !

3sEnough Mon 26-Feb-07 08:09:20

Yup - dd2 was a bfn for 2 days and then a bfp on day 3 - I really, really suspected though and that helped....far too good a mood considering my period was due!!lol

sweetbean Mon 26-Feb-07 08:15:49

I had no symptoms with my first so im not sure if this one would be the same.

I REALY want to be BFP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetbean Mon 26-Feb-07 08:43:30

lulumama Mon 26-Feb-07 08:57:49

the early response tests are only around 40 - 50 % accurate, with the accuracy rising slightly as you get nearer the day your period is due

of course some people have a BFN then BFP, but for some that BFN is just that, a BFN...if no period tomorrow, maybe test again..

nonewnames Mon 26-Feb-07 09:01:11

i'm the same . tested on sat but bfn. due on yesterday but nothing-still nothing now and feel like crap. sickly, and achy in my tummmy-i had such aches last night i woke up thinking i would have come on in the night but nothing.sense of smell has gone mad-nearly threw up in selfridges food hall on sat.boobs very tender too.

belgo Mon 26-Feb-07 09:05:13

I had a BFN when I was a week late, and went on to have a baby nine months later. A subsequent blood test showed I had very high levels of hormones, so the test really should have been positive. It was an expensive test as well - can't remember the brand.

I'm the only person I know who this has happened to, and if there's a next time, I would still believe a BFN.

Wishing you a BFP.

TheBlonde Mon 26-Feb-07 09:44:27

For me I've always needed to be at least a week late before any test shows up +ve

Justers Mon 26-Feb-07 09:52:38

A similar thing happened with me sweetbean. I did 2 tests 2 days before i was due and they were bfn. I then tested 2 days after due date and it was bfp. So good luck!

Aloveheart Mon 26-Feb-07 09:58:05

good luck

pucca Mon 26-Feb-07 10:00:50

This happened to me, i did a test on day af was due and was neg, did one a few days later pos+, infact i must have concieved late in my cycle as they moved my EDD when i had a scan at 6 weeks.

Good luck x

CheesyFeet Mon 26-Feb-07 10:06:42

I got loads of bfn's before the bfp appeared, inculding a bfn blood test. Like Pucca I maust conceive late in my cycle as my due date was put back 2 weeks at the scan.

I don't want to raise your hopes unduly Sweetbean but it does happen.

Hope you get your BFP.

CheesyFeet Mon 26-Feb-07 10:07:17

must

wannaBeWhateverIWannaBe Mon 26-Feb-07 10:11:33

I think that by testing before your period is due you're setting yourself up for huge disappointment, not to mention unnecessary financial outlay. sorry but I think it's madness.

Yes you might be pregnant, but you equally might not be. You're not even late yet. wait until you're at least three days late and test again.

Ladymuck Mon 26-Feb-07 10:16:18

I had an IVF cycle, tested when the clinic said and got a BFN, went for a commisseratory meal out and got on with life. A week or so later it dawned onme that if the cycle had failed I should still have had a period, so tested again and ds2 was the result.

sweetbean Mon 26-Feb-07 21:04:53

Thanks ladys maybe there is some hope then !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now