Talk

Advanced search

Low Amniotic Fluid

(2 Posts)
Laura05 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:58:02

Hi ladies,
Has anyone had low fluid levels? If so what we're the outcomes?

I'm currently 33+5 and had a growth scan last Monday. Baby seems to be growing fine etc and my placenta has moved away from my cervix (something else they wanted to check at scan) but they did notice that I have very low fluid levels. My notes say 2cm. They asked if I had been leaking and I said I wasn't 100% sure and it was something I was going to speak to the midwife about while I was there. I had just been feeling very damp but not enough to put a pad on or anything I thought required a call to the hospital (as I said I had this appointment booked anyway)

After the scan the doctor came to see me and said that they wanted me to have another scan. I told him I have a growth scan booked for next month but he said no I need to scan you next week (cue slight panic) He and I were both in a bit of a rush so we didn't discuss outcomes etc and it wasn't til I got home I realised I had so many questions!

My scan is tomorrow so I'll find out what's what then but just wondering if anyone had been in the same situation? I stupidly Googled the other day and it was going out about induction etc and it's been playing on my mind. Baby movements are also very painful at the moment which I thought was due to the fact I carry small and tucked in but now wondering if it's due to low fluid?

Sorry for the massive ramble but with the scan being tomorrow I'm suddenly nervous!

Laura05 Sun 29-Jan-17 11:07:29

Forgot to mention that the midwife measured bump with the tape measure and I measured 5weeks behind! Only 1cm increase since I was measured at 28weeks. I carried DD and DS 2weeks behind (hence growth scans and DD was low birth weight at 40+4) but the scan showed Bubba was on track so no major concerns there xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now