Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any of you have heavy periods and spotting before pregnancy?

(3 Posts)
triangle3 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:18:42

Hi pregnancy ladies!

Congrats to you all on your pregnancies.

I'm just after a bit of info and I hope you don't mind asking on the pregnancy board as I'm not pregnant. I'm hoping to get pregnant but I have heavy periods and spot for a few days before hand. I also have quite long cycles at about 32-35 days.

I'm now in my mid 30s so panicking that it's going to take me much longer to get pregnant than it has done previously and am particular to worried about the fact that I have heavy periods and I have spotting before hand. They're not massively painful.

I have been to the GP and was referred to an ultrasound that showed that I have a thickened lining. I'm still waiting for the scan report but am hoping it's going to be nothing that gets in the way of having a baby. I probably wouldn't have gone to the GP about my periods had I have not wanted to TTC as they are not massively impacting on my life and I do remember that I used to have spotting before my first DC.

Basically I'm after reassurance really and hoping that lots of pregnant ladies will reply and say they had heavy/spotting even irregular periods before being pregnant but still managed to conceive.

Thanks all and happy Sunday grin

triangle3 Sun 29-Jan-17 11:19:28

Nobody?

tulip22 Sun 05-Feb-17 10:04:16

Hi Triangle,

I've had really heavy periods since I was 15 and at times very irregular and when regular they are about five weeks apart. I've always had really painful periods and I was convinced I would struggle to get pregnant. As it happens I got pregnant first month of trying and am now 23 months pregnant (I am in my early 30s).

Try not to overthink x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now