Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I need to call someone?

(21 Posts)
DaisySmazy Sun 29-Jan-17 07:13:08

If so who? My midwife is on annual leave till Tuesday. I've been up all night being sick and had very bad stomach cramps to the point I came lay on my sides. I've also not felt the baby move in about four hours.

Mooey89 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:14:15

How far along are you?

PurpleMcPants Sun 29-Jan-17 07:16:10

Yes you should. On your notes you should have the phone number of your maternity department, give them a call. How far along are you?
I had gastroenteritis when heavily pregnant and had to stay in hospital for a couple of days on a drip to rehydrate me, dehydration can happen easily when you are pregnant

DaisySmazy Sun 29-Jan-17 07:17:11

I'm 28 + 5

DaisySmazy Sun 29-Jan-17 07:17:42

Sorry that's a typo. 27 + 5

Mooey89 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:18:18

I think the short answer is yes you should call. Try to keep your fluids up while you wait and hope you feel better soon.

Swifey Sun 29-Jan-17 07:19:11

Def call the hospital. The midwives would rather see you than not, every time. It will put you at ease of nothing else, or they may want you to go in and just get checked. Irrespective of how you are feeling (not being mean, just a fact blush) if the baby hasn't moved then you need to get that checked! Good luck x

DaisySmazy Sun 29-Jan-17 07:21:05

Thanks for the advice. Feel a bit apprehensive about going up the hospital as I feel like I'm wasting people's time sad

Swifey Sun 29-Jan-17 07:25:00

Ring them. It's important! Do it now!
(Try and have a few sips of something cold and fizzy, it often gets the baby going).

WaitroseCoffeeCostaCup Sun 29-Jan-17 07:28:53

Yes I think you should ring. I'm sure everything is fine, but it will put your mind at rest at least smile

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 29-Jan-17 07:33:47

Do ring you aren't wasting anyone's time. If its any comfort I said to the midwives in my local maternity unit that I felt I was wasting their time and they said they would rather see 100 moms who didn't need to be there everyday than one feel like that and not go when she needed too. There was one woman who suffered anxiety who apparentl went three or four times a week, (she told me in reception she felt bad but was genuinely worried) and every single time they took her seriously, checked baby was ok, and treated her with kindness and compassion.
Don't be afraid, its probably nothing serious, but stress isn't good for you or baby so don't sit worrying and stressing, get checked, get your piece of mind. flowers

BikeRunSki Sun 29-Jan-17 07:38:33

You are not wasting anyone's time.

Nicnak2223 Sun 29-Jan-17 07:39:58

Always call, if nothing is wrong you will have put your mind at rest enough to help yourself feel better.

middlings Sun 29-Jan-17 07:43:11

Two children and I was NEVER made to feel like I was time wasting. Call.

DaisySmazy Sun 29-Jan-17 08:42:48

Had a lay down down stairs and she gave some quite strong kicks. The pain in my side has died down but I keep being sick still. I know OH will think I'm over reacting and my parents are away for this weekend (I'm in the process of moving house hence why I'm at there's) so I might just take myself to the hospital. It's only five minutes away. Just feel frightened going alone.

Helbelle75 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:39:10

I would ring the Antenatal clinic. I've donee this a couple of times if i've been feeling anxious or unwell. They have been lovely and very reassuring.
I went in last Sunday for reduced movement and everyone was lovely. Baby was fine, but they said I was right to go in.
Please give them a ring, or go in, just your put your mind at rest.

haveacupoftea Sun 29-Jan-17 09:42:26

Take yourself in, I know you are anxious but no matter if you have someone or not that wont change. Good luck.

SarahOoo Sun 29-Jan-17 09:56:04

Constant sickness could be norovirus or similar, I had this at 17 weeks and ended up at A&E with bad dehydration, was admitted overnight and put on a drip. The only thing that stopped the sickness was meds. I was very much 'I'm not going in' but a call to 111 resulted in speaking to a doctor who told me to go. It wasn't fun being there but it's not just you now, it's baby too.

likeacrow Sun 29-Jan-17 12:17:38

Hope you've gone in and you're okay DaisySmazy. Your oh needs to be looking after you and being a lot more sympathetic imo, not making you feel you're overreacting! You're not.

neonrainbow Sun 29-Jan-17 12:19:12

I would definitely call. You've identified enough of a reduction in movement that you're worried. Hopefully baby is just asleep.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Tue 31-Jan-17 10:09:13

Hope you are ok op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now